Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Induction Kit?

Avensis1998

Hi everybody.

I was wondering how you fit a induction air filter on an avensis,because there is a

temp measurer that has to be placed at the org. intake. Anybody done this?

Is there any other way to Mod,tune...just plain styling the avensis, so

it looks cooler? :huh:

i have Avensis 1.8L sedan 1998 Dark Blue.

thanks for all answers

Is there any other way to Mod,tune...just plain styling the avensis, so

it looks cooler? :huh:

I take it you haven't seen Sorted Avensis' car? :D Have a look around, its the bright orange Avensis! :thumbsup:

yeah i have just seen it, its the coolest avensis i have ever seen.

is that styling kit for 1998 avensis too?and how did he remove the lists (the black things

that goes across the doors) :huh:

Can you fit another type off engine into the avensis?

dident he have a lot of bhp??

yeah i have just seen it, its the coolest avensis i have ever seen.

is that styling kit for 1998 avensis too?and how did he remove the lists (the black things

that goes across the doors) :huh:

Can you fit another type off engine into the avensis?

dident he have a lot of bhp??

Yep a 98 avensis :D

The door strips was a bit of a pain but worth it in the end.Pulled them off sanded down then filled in the groove and holes and sanded again before priming.You are still left with a line across the doors but i can live with that.

Currently got a replacement K&N filter in and that does a fairly good job.I would have got a custom made induction kit made by ITG for £350 but i'm having a engine conversion done over the winter so would be a waste really.

Sebring sports exhaust is the only one i could find that did a full exhaust system for an avensis but is ideal as the bodykit is made for that type.Also have a superchip and did have nos but took off in the bodyshop and really not that sure if i'm going to put it back on and have a buyer lined up for it so might not bother for the couple of months involved.

If there's anything else you need to know like where to get the said parts just let me know.

Hi sorted again!

So what difference did the k&n filter and superchip make, seperatly and together? Would like to do some small mods like that to mine cause don't want to ruin that diesel like fuel consumption also don't wanna spend too much. I'm convinced there's plenty to get out of that engine cause it feels a bit choked to me.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

And, what you're gettin rid of it now? Thought you were gonna spend loads on it!!!! Hope you're havin another toyota/lexus!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Hi sorted again!

So what difference did the k&n filter and superchip make, seperatly and together? Would like to do some small mods like that to mine cause don't want to ruin that diesel like fuel consumption also don't wanna spend too much. I'm convinced there's plenty to get out of that engine cause it feels a bit choked to me.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

And, what you're gettin rid of it now? Thought you were gonna spend loads on it!!!! Hope you're havin another toyota/lexus!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

SJ,sorry for taking so long to reply i've been a tad busy.

I'm selling the nos not the car as i won't be needing it and have already got a buyer for it.

The filter,chip and exhaust was all fitted at the same time and only got a 8% increase but she does feel a lot better for it.The fuel is up a bit but nothing to drastic.

Sorry to butt in, not havin an Avensis and all......

But....

The Blitz induction filter that I obtained from Fensport has a place where you can fit the air temp probe.

Ring them on 01354 696968 and speak to Tony or Andy. All you'll have to do is measure the diameter of the intake pipe

I think??? :ffs:

No problem at all Nath :D

I looked into uni-fit kits but decided for me not to bother,i'm not saying don't fit one but was worried about the position of the filter and would it receive enough nice cold air where it would sit.I thought no so went for the replacement filter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links