Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Missfire On Idle

**toyota-mr2**

Hi

I am thinking of buying an mr2. The thing is the one I am looking at has a miss fire on idle (only aparently) This miss fire then goes when you drive and does not effect performance. Any ideas? head gasket? dirty pistons? or somthing else?

Spark plugs and oxy sensor have been changed aparently.

Thanks

i would compression check it to rule out the cylinders. else it could be a costly repair.

i would check ignition components, especially ht lead to rule those out too. if you cant locate the issue, then leave well alone as it may be a costly problem to diagnose.

i would compression check it to rule out the cylinders. else it could be a costly repair.

i would check ignition components, especially ht lead to rule those out too. if you cant locate the issue, then leave well alone as it may be a costly problem to diagnose.

How many bar should it be when I do the compression check?

Thanks

Oh and its a k reg non tub uk car.

How many bar should it be when I do the compression check?

Thanks

Oh and its a k reg non tub uk car.

Should be around 160/170 psi I think.

When cleaning/degreasing the engine bay I stupidly managed to get a little water into one of the spark plug recesses - caused an intermittent misfire until it dried out. Scared the poo out of me - cured by removing the plug giving it a good dry and clean then replacing.

Weird thing is that the MR2 sounded really like a subaru ...

Hi

I am thinking of buying an mr2. The thing is the one I am looking at has a miss fire on idle (only aparently) This miss fire then goes when you drive and does not effect performance. Any ideas? head gasket? dirty pistons? or somthing else?

Spark plugs and oxy sensor have been changed aparently.

Thanks

If I were you, I'd walk away from that one. There's plenty more around.excellent.gif

The poor thing.

The poor thing.

Bad idea, but I want to buy it just to fix the problem!! :rolleyes: