Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lucida Mpg

sarahts

Hi everyone, im a newbie who bought a 95 plate Previa 2.4 auto just b4 xmas. Its bn absolutely fab so far but im finding it a bit expensive to run (£50-£60 a wk doing 250-280 miles) so im considering changing to a Lucida 2.2 td. Wot is the fuel economy like on these? I can't find this info anywhere on the net so please can you help me decide whats best!

Thanks!!!

Sarah :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, im a newbie who bought a 95 plate Previa 2.4 auto just b4 xmas. Its bn absolutely fab so far but im finding it a bit expensive to run (£50-£60 a wk doing 250-280 miles) so im considering changing to a Lucida 2.2 td. Wot is the fuel economy like on these? I can't find this info anywhere on the net so please can you help me decide whats best!

Thanks!!!

Sarah :thumbsup:

Lucidas are not in MY opinion at least what they are cracked up to be, i have owned both uk spec and import.The import is much smaller inside for starters.The 2.4 is a tad juicy i guess but bear in mind diesel fuel is dearer to buy by 5/6p a litre? Best bet for me anyway on my 2.4 was an LPG CONVERSION, fuel at 40/45p a litre.

I used to own a Estima (lucida) 2.2td and to be honest was dissapointed with the fuel consumption. Between 25-30mpg average about 28mpg.

Absoloutely cracking vehicle and considering it ways nearly 2 tonnes fuel economy is bound to suffer.

Our last car was a '98 Lucida and we thought it was brilliant on fuel economy - it consistently returned 32-34 mpg, and for its size weight and versatility in our opinion that was great. That was almost always with the a/c running too. Could seat 8, tow a trailer and steam along at 80 all day with no problem. Only sold it to get a new shape Estima, otherwise we would have happily kept it. Like most cars I guess, the economy depends on how tired and well looked after the engine is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thx 4 the advice. I've now got myself a 1992 Lucida but I am having real trouble trying to get it insured!!! Either the car is too old or they won't insure grey imports. Any1 know a decent insurer?

Sarah :(

:D hi sarah the aa done the best for me £338 fc protected no claims.

nearest best price to that was tesco £500

cheers ray

Sarah, give Lifesure Brokers a call my wife paid about £350 fc with protected bonus and all the bells and whistles. :thumbsup:

Try 2Gether (ask for Gary 0870 7662318) - a lot of the Estima O.C. have swopped to them and they are now doing mine too, even insured ours on chassis number alone until it was registered! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi, thx 4 the advice. I've now got myself a 1992 Lucida but I am having real trouble trying to get it insured!!! Either the car is too old or they won't insure grey imports. Any1 know a decent insurer?

hi just bought one and used a firm called quin driect.now i`ve only got 1 yr no claims and it cost me 500 for a year,which was far cheaper than the next best wjich weighed in at 1200

hi just bought one and used a firm called quin driect.now i`ve only got 1 yr no claims and it cost me 500 for a year,which was far cheaper than the next best wjich weighed in at 1200

Hi Sarah

i've just upgraded from a very reliable tried and trusted townace to a lucida and i must say i'm not dissapointed. i had no problem insuring with tesco insurance for £300 fully comp with all the add ons that came with it, and it also included all round window cover as the glass bits can be very expensive. as for mpg , i've just returned 32mpg on a full tank test but those fuel gauges can be very misleading as i did twice the mileace from full to half as it did from half to the orange light.

kind regards

brianjs. :yes:

Hi,

I get about 25 - 30 mpg and also get ywice as many miles from full to half than i do half to empty. Thats quite diabolical mileage for a diesel, but it's a heavy bus and can still do 25 mpg with 6 people and a 21 ft caravan doing 60 + mph..

I love it

Darryl

• 1 month later...

try masterquote for insurance they quoted us 360 for an estima

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links