Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Alarm Fuctions Settings Instructions

prince

This pdf document from the Techdoc site has all the info regarding the current version RAV4’ alarm Functions,

Highlights include:

Setting the car to lock/arm itself after 45 Seconds, once the key is removed and all doors are closed. (I guess as a back up in case one forgets to do that after leaving the car)..Page 13

Turning of the Door ajar warning, that’s when it beeps telling you that the car alarm can’t arm because one of the doors or boot isn’t shut ..Page 15

The auto Ignition Locking function, I posted before but this is where I found it…Page 17

Plus all the Various tests to make sure sensors etc are working. PS: It says (LHD) on the document but the Instructions seem to work anyway.

Click here for the File

This pdf document from the Techdoc site has all the info regarding the current version RAV4’ alarm Functions,

Highlights include:

Setting the car to lock/arm itself after 45 Seconds, once the key is removed and all doors are closed. (I guess as a back up in case one forgets to do that after leaving the car)..Page 13

Turning of the Door ajar warning, that’s when it beeps telling you that the car alarm can’t arm because one of the doors or boot isn’t shut ..Page 15

The auto Ignition Locking function, I posted before but this is where I found it…Page 17

Plus all the Various tests to make sure sensors etc are working. PS: It says (LHD) on the document but the Instructions seem to work anyway.

Click here for the File

hi prince,remember me saying the xt-r has a glass breakage sencor,(well my garage told me)i have tried to set the alarm off by tapping the glass with a key but did not work,just wondering if glass sencors are really fitted? does yours set off when you tap on the windows?

i didnt think the alarm was good enough so i fitted a shock sencor to the alarm and then a dual microwave sencor...works a treat! it sets off a buzzer if anyone walks past the car :o

No my glass sensor doesn’t work , I guess it only goes off when the doors are forced open so essentially a basic alarm system is fitted to the XT-R.

The Automatic arming feature interested me, I like the sound off the car arming itself in case I forget.

This document is meant for LHD European models and I noticed all 5 functions are set ‘on’ by default, I wished that was the same for us, My local dealer wanted to charge me a minimum labour charge £30:00 +VAT just to activate the Ignition door lock they claimed it would take 30 mins to programme it, when actually it takes no more the 3-5 mins. Just shows how much I can trust the servicing dept ay my local dealer.

BelgarumVenta & jonbr you’re welcome :thumbsup: ,but it's the least I can do putting this document up here so we can access some functions that we technically have already paid for.

No my glass sensor doesn’t work , I guess it only goes off when the doors are forced open so essentially a basic alarm system is fitted to the XT-R.

I wonder whether you have an ultrasonic or microwave (I think) alarm that senses when the window is broken?

That is definately an upgrade to the standard. If you do have that, you should be able to identify some sensors somewhere on the A pillars towards the top, or maybe in the courtesy light/sunglass-holder bit? (They tend to look like mini reversing sensors)

And your handbook (supplement) should tell you how to turn that sensing off so you could leave a dog in the car, or the sunroof ajar but with the standard alarm features on.

Highlights include:

Click here for the File

hi prince,remember me saying the xt-r has a glass breakage sencor,(well my garage told me)i have tried to set the alarm off by tapping the glass with a key but did not work,just wondering if glass sencors are really fitted? does yours set off when you tap on the windows?

i didnt think the alarm was good enough so i fitted a shock sencor to the alarm and then a dual microwave sencor...works a treat! it sets off a buzzer if anyone walks past the car :o

I believe the glass break sensor is actually a microphone together with some electronics. It will be set so as to detect the noise or the anticipated decibel of a window being broken. The microphone is located next to the alarm function LED.

However, the microwave sensor is located behind the radio out of the way and isn't visable. This works by creating a bubble within a specific distance and is triggered when the bubble is 'burst' by an intruder. This type of sensor will work even with windows down (all of them) and sunroof open.

Highlights include:

Click here for the File

hi prince,i tried setting the auto lock but it did not work on my car,i programmed it properly because all the lights flashed when the said the should,but it does not lock the car when i leave it! does yours lock when you leave it?

• 9 months later...

Highlights include:

Click here for the File

Hi prince, could u tell me if the 45 second auto lock would work on my 02 D-4D and ive tried the link but it says error on file. many thanks

Highlights include:

Click here for the File

Hi prince, could u tell me if the 45 second auto lock would work on my 02 D-4D and ive tried the link but it says error on file. many thanks

No Sorry it won’t work, sometime after I found the document (which I removed, hence the link stop working) I found the proper settings manual for the 2005 RAV4 Alarm functions and that function wasn’t included. You can see the document at this Toyota Site under Accessory Group pick Vehicle Security System then 'search', then its the last document called "TVSS V Setting Guide"

No Sorry it won’t work, sometime after I found the document (which I removed, hence the link stop working) I found the proper settings manual for the 2005 RAV4 Alarm functions and that function wasn’t included. You can see the document at this Toyota Site under Accessory Group pick Vehicle Security System then 'search', then its the last document called "TVSS V Setting Guide"

great thanks prince,

found the doc ok, but now when i lock my rav the lights flash one short, one long and when i unlock i get 2 short flashes then a gap then another flash, every time.do u know if there is a way to reset the alarm to factory settings.

many thanks

Not sure if there is a kind of factory reset, I think the cars left the factory with just immobiliser and it was up to individual Toyota distributors (in this case Toyota UK) to fit alarms, functions like the ‘Auto central looking’ where the door locks when you start the car came standard in some European countries where as in the UK it had to be activated by asking the dealers.

As long as the basic alarm functions work as it should when you perform the tests in the manual, it should be ok.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links