Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Sensors

BTF

HI ALL

HAS ANYONE TRIED TO FIT REVERSE PARKING SENSORS BECAUSE THE DEALERS ARE ASKING AROUND £350 PLUS. Halfords ARE DOING THEM TO SUPPLY AND FIT FOR £150. I HAVE SEEN AN AUTO EXPRESS RECOMMENDED BRAND ADVERTISED ON THE WEB FOR £70 INCLUDING THE DRILL BIT AND THE POLISHING BIT AND MAPLINS ARE SELLING SOME FOR £40. IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A VERY DIFFICULT JOB AS YOU DRILL THE HOLES AND THE SENSORS CLIP IN AND THERE IS ONE WIRE CONNECTED TO THE REVERSE LIGHT AND THE OTHER WIRE MUST BE EARTHED, THE REST IS QUITE SIMPLE. SO IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ANY ADVICE AS I AM LOOKING AT A DIY JOB ON THESE I WOULD BEV GREATFULL.

THANX

I have fitted quite a few sets of parking sensors to the whole range of new toyotas,

The kit is VERY easy to fit. I rarely remove the bumpers (unless really needed - RAV4, AMAZONS) The wires from the sensors then go thru a grommet in the body. You are correct about only needing to connect into the reverse light +ve and an earth.

The rest of the toyota kit (buzzer, control unit, wiring) is simply stuck to the body inside. The sensors require a 20mm hole and just clip into the bumper)

I did have a full set of sensors etc in my box at work but no longer have them. Im not sure how much the kit is to buy from your dealers if you wanted to fit it yourself......if you do buy the kit - speak nicely to the guy on the parts desk and he should print you off a set of instructions and drilling templates.

Hope this helps

Mart

i fit parking sensor at work, i fit the Halfords kit its not simple job you got to make sure you have the acess behind at least 20mm gap and if you have you should'nt need to remove the bumper. but in some cases it is neceserry you get everything in the kit its got free fitting on so y dont you just let them have all the hassle of fitting them they will check the car for compatability and everything

moonstone mart

The kit i am looking to buy is made by a company called QUANAN and a few of my friends have had this make fitted to their cars, and they recommend it. Can you tell me what make the Toyota kit is also is there a template for positioning the sensors.

Thanks for your help.

moonstone mart

The kit i am looking to buy is made by a company called QUANAN and a few of my friends have had this make fitted to their cars, and they recommend it. Can you tell me what make the Toyota kit is also is there a template for positioning the sensors.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/...rsing_aids.html

Good choice btw....It got 5 stars! :thumbsup:

BTF

I cant remember what make the toyota kit is sorry but i will have a look tomorrow, there are templates that i can print off the toyota intranet yes.

Mart

BTF

I cant remember what make the toyota kit is sorry but i will have a look tomorrow, there are templates that i can print off the toyota intranet yes.

Mart

Mart

If you can give me the template info it will be appreciated and thanx for your help.

Cheers BTF

Could you post some photos of the install when you do it please?

I'm also looking at the Quanan 4 sensor kit - where's the best place to buy at the moment?

• 2 months later...

Finally got round to fitting these sensors. In the end i purchased a set from maplins for £40, these are the ones with a display as well as an audiable warning. They were really easy to fit a drill bit was supplied with the sensors and i got the template for the sensor location from the Toyota tech site. Easy two wire connection for the control unit and as my car is black there was no need to colour code them. It is a very simple job and i would recomend it to anyone thinking of doing it. :thumbsup::yes:

Show me, show me!!

Did you have to remove the bumper in the end?

I've got the templates from the Toyota site but they're set up to drill from the back I think.

Where did you mount the display?

Show me, show me!!

Did you have to remove the bumper in the end?

I've got the templates from the Toyota site but they're set up to drill from the back I think.

Where did you mount the display?

Ian J

no i did not have to remove the bumpers

i stuck the templates on the outside and drilled the holes from the outside as directed on the toyota site

i mounted the display on the rear view mirror and i ran the cable alongside the wiring loom via the glovebox then via the pillar and between the screen and head lining.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links