Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Sat Nav

tfh935

has any one got the toyota sat nav as extra as in the rav 4 built into the cd player or can give me some info on it for example is it voice guided ...or would i be better getting an aftermarket one from maybe pioneer :help:

Satnav is a nice feature to have in your car, especially is you do a lot of driving in unfamiliar areas. Toyota have to be congratulated for making it a standard feature these days in their mid to upper range models. However, as clever as it seems if you haven't has satnav before, you soon find the limitations of the Toyota system. I am speaking from my experience of the TNS200 system. Inputting destinations can be a pain. There are no maps to zoom in/out, you cannot enter postcodes, and it is difficult to tell which way the calculated route is going to take you. They are also soon out of date. Replacement discs are VERY expensive and always out of date. If you don't have it fitted as standard, I actually reccomend you go for a Garmin unit. They have a lot more functions, colour, zoomable maps, and are relatively easy and cheap to upgrade the data. They are not cheap (about £800), but when you sell the car you can keep your satnav system. The only downside is you'll have to fit it onto the dash somewhere and hence it is easily stolen. Just like the old face-off radios, you have to remember to remove it and carry it around with you when you leave the car. Hope this helps.

Nick

Another alternative would be the Kenwood, I've had a look at this system although no where really to put it in a two and the price was a tad expensive but a great system, good sized colour screen and good maps.

Also very easy to enter information and loads of functionality....

I suppose a major factor would be the budget you are looking to spend...

thanks for your help i am looking into all the possibilities and my dealer says i can have the tns300eta dvd system for the same price as the 200 after a lot of bargaining so i am scanning all the other specs and prices :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links