Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Security

chris1.8

Hi, I currently own a 1998 Avensis GS I was wondering does anyone know how secure, in the way of people breaking in, it is. I know an alarm goes off if you put the key in the door to open it instead of useing the remote, but how good is the alarm in other ways and how theft proof is the car? If anyone can help then I would be very greatful. B)

Well you've got an alarm, immobiliser, etched glass, visible VIN and deadlocks.

I would have thought that it would take a professional car thief at least 15 - 20 seconds to steal your car !

I'm not a car thief nor know much about breaking into cars....however!...I saw a program on how easy it is for a person to break in using certain "tools". It was shocking. Breaking in is obviously relatively easy. To bypass the alarm and immobiliser is another story.

If you make your car unattractive to thieves and also implement security features, then you should be ok. (and i didn't mean painting your car pink with yellow dots) :-)If someone really wanted your car, they will have it. Anyway, I don't think many Toyota's are on a thiefs top 10 list.

All except the 'S' model Mk.1 Avensis have a Thatcham Cat.1 alarm/immobiliser as standard. The car is as secure as it can be, unless you want to fit it with a tracker system. The best defense is the fact that theives will pass by a Toyota and go steal a BMW insted :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links