Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Powerflow Exhaust - ?

Buckie

Hi,

I have just bought a 1990 MR2 Turbo and was looking for advice on performance exhausts?

A company up here in Scotland are offering me a full SS system (downpipe back), with twin pipes (ie two on each side, quad system) with lifetime warranty, fitting etc etc for about £500?

Is this a good deal, and are these exhausts nice and loud with performance increase?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Buckie

Hi Buckie, as far as I know powerflow exhausts are very good and loud :)

Ryan prefers the mongoose exhaust I think!! but then he has a N/A car

he'll sort you out when he recovers from his hangover :rolleyes:

thats a pretty good deal for a quad. is that inc or ex VAT?

ive heard good things about powerflow not sure on performance gains though, probably a few extra horse's.

J

Fensport do the mongoose for 325 plus VAT. Ive only ever heard good things about them and the price seems pretty good aswell. Claimed 13bhp and 21lb/ft of torque gains too.

Tom

Hi,

Yes, that includes VAT and Fitting etc. I thought it was a little high, however, just phoned another place who are even more expensive and offer less :-(

All in all, looks like a good deal then.

Am after a really nice deep sounding note from the zorst - will the powerflow give this?

I couldn't tell you m8 :(

If I were in your shoes though I think i'd be inclined towards the mongoose option, at around £100 cheaper it's also tested and rated amongst MR2 owners :D

13bhp sounds unlikely... but it can't be bad can it :hokus-pokus: :thumbsup:

Longlife/Powerflow are very good. There serivce is awesome and they will make it for you anyway you want there just great :thumbsup: Go get one :lol::lol:

um bit of a party pooper here... cant say im too fond of powerflow.... yes they make a nice noise and yes they custom them to what u wnat, but i had one fitted on my previous car and just found it harm my fuel consumption a lot.... i know there if a slight defect when getting a system on, but the powerflow did make my car very thirsty.... the £500 for a quad is an ace deal.... mind u, i got quoted £350 for a quad on mine....

I had a powerflow fitted to my celica & found no problem with fuel consumption. they also check the system every year for any faults free of charge, you don't get that with other systems.

what hangover :)

After spending the day in the car... basingstoke, reading, newbury, aldermaston, dogmersfield, hook, winchfield and getting readiny for an MR2 run from guildford to Brighton tomorrow I thought I had better polish her up, but I'm back....

As said before I am a big fan of mongoose, they're tried and tested on both the N/A and Turbo cars, make a lovely noise and help the responsiveness of the eninge....

Tried and tested amongst the MR2 community it would be a good choice to go for although if you have the money the Blitz Nur Spec is excellent but very pricey and very loud so not good if your planning on track days...

I can thorughly reccomend Mongoose systems, they are very well suited for the car as they have been heavily tested. As work, people who use mongoose have nothing but praise.

Powerflow, although a good idea of a "universal Exhaust" is a little dogy in my opinion. Heard of a few instances where peopl have been dissatisfied with the nice and also the build quality.

I would definatly go for a mongoose. :drool:

I have to agree with the mongoose system, after having one for some time, I have never had any problems with it. It has a great sound to it and has added to the cars performance. The powerflow exhaust is a good system but really only for looks, cost is high and gains are low. So for looks go for powerflow and for performance go for mongoose.

I paid £323 for mine ordered it from local Halfords (cheaper than you'd think) it arrived in three days and I had it fitted for £25 by a local garage, I could of done it myself except for a rusty joint on the old exhaust that had to be cut off. It's been on my car for four months without any problem

Powerflow have a very bad rep amongst the supra community, it seems there are some good franchises out there but they are few and far between, the workmanship is poor and they use a very low grade of stainless, if you could call it stainless at all.

Go Mongoose or splash out on a Nur.

yo buckie! I had thought about getting a powerflow exhaust from sports car services in oakley but have been put off by the local rolling road tuner slating them. He told me he has had occasions where they have actually drainedv power from a car due to the baffling material melting in the back box due to poor welding and the fact that all bends are welded and not mandrel bent - meaning that the gasses do not flow as well as they should. My car is a 96 celica gt and having spoken to many other tuners the blitz systems seem to be the best flowing exhaust for my car - possibly yours too - that's what I'm going for ;)

• 2 weeks later...

if you want the best system, take ur car to RMS engineering in prestwick you will find the number in the free magazine in garages automart or ask anyone that do mods.

the systems are marine steel and they will design a system to suit u and your car.

I am from g.gow.

If u can afford it get the entire system and a de cat pipe.this will help performance and give a sweet note.

Ive got a powerflow exhaust on my AE86 gt coupe, its excellent, way more power than other top brand exhausts, its very, very loud though, which isnt too bad as it sounds good, forget all the talk about induction kits & the like make sure u get a good manifold. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links