Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car?

reece

Well it’s that time of year when I get itchy feet and start looking for a new car.

Don’t get me wrong, the Yaris T Sport is absolutely great and I’m finding it hard to find anything that can match it pound for pound.

I was looking at the Nissan Micra 160SR, amazing spec @ only £9,995 but I’m having trouble with the shape of the thing. It may grow on me :yes:

I’ve toyed with the idea of the Sport Aygo, group 1 insurance and a million miles to the gallon and a few toys, cheap as chips @ £8,500 ish.

I still come back to my Yaris though.

I still have to see one in the flesh and I wouldn’t consider the 3 cylinder version. So here I am with fingers crossed hoping that Toyota bring out a Sport Yaris in the next 12/18 months as I honestly think that is the only option for me at the moment.

Your thoughts?

Have you considered the Mitsubishi Colt..............or one of the run out Yariis?.............some bargains to be had on both of the above :thumbsup:

The Colt looks nice but had a bit of a slating on Fifth Gear, £3k dearer than the Nissan 160 SR which also has a few better features and is cheaper to own.

Choices choices!

Sounds like nothing's really grabbing you, so I wouldn't sell up just yet. No point in change, just for the sake of change :thumbsup:

Wise words which I take on board :thumbsup:

yes i agree with the micra you get alot of car but i really dont like the standard shape,

saying that have you seen the red nissan racing one?

i saw it at the rally day at castle combe in 2004 it really looks good :thumbsup:

Go test drive one you dont have to buy it....just let me know what its like :lol:

Also * if * toyota do bring out a new t sport i'm guessing its going to be around the 13k

mark,going on the prices of the models they have released ;)

Intelligent Key System Auto air conditioning Automatic wipers Friendly lighting with Battery saver

Keyless entry ABS EBD Brake Assist Stability Control as standard, 1.6 16v engine, 16 inch wheels, 6 airbags the list goes on...

All for less than £10k

It’s just that shape I’m having trouble with!

The Yaris T Spirit is almost the same price as my T Sport was, so I’m dreading the price of any potential sport version.

The Colt is too expensive and group 14 insurance.

For now I will follow Caz SR’s advice and just sit back and wait till Toyota decide what they will do for the Yaris.

Thats what I'm doing - holding out for something good... although if I have to wait longer than 2 years - I'll just get a Celica or something instead.... :lol:

I just think I will be out priced with any new Yaris in the future (RS TS etc)

I pushed the boat out with this one but it seems I can get a lot of car for £10k these days; I don’t really want to go over that figure.

I am being strongly drawn to the Aygo :o

Think my next car is gonna be an old skool luxury motor (old jag or Beemer) so that i have a very cheap, yet highly appointed machine for the commute... then a barely road legal yaris for the weekend! This is waaay off though as i have no money!!

Hmm I agree with Caz, I would stick with what you've got and also save up more money (if needed) so when/if you do decide to get a new Yaris T-Sport the funds will stretch easily with no problem?

Or at least that can be the "plan"..I find my saving plans never quite follow the route they are meant too :lol:

go for a nearly new skoda fabia VRS combines 50mpg economy with performance + more torque than a porsche boxster :eek:

Have you driven one??

Rubbish. It's a diesel. An unrefined one too. 3rd gear at 50mph... foot down and it flies, any other time and it's poor. Acceleration is way off what it should be and it's far too heavy and under-steery to be anywhere near fun!

Plus, all these car mags say Skoda build quality is just like VW et al... well, it isn't. Ok, the soft touch dash is nice, but the switches are clunky and awkward, the cars iv been in have rattled, the radio buttons are very poor and the three fabia's iv been in (1.2, 1.4 and vRS) have all had severe problems with steaming up... even with air-con it takes ages for the windows to clear. I'd expect more from what is supposed to be of top notch quality.

Stick with Jap cars, they run for half a million miles, never break down, the engines are better and they don't throw plumes of black smoke outta the exhaust like nearly every VAG car does, diesel or petrol.

I used to think that to Fabia vRS would be the perfect car for me, but having driven a Fabia I know I couldn't live with the driving position. The clutch, gearshift and engine in general of the example I drove were also horrible. I hasten to add I did almost 200 miles of mixed driving in it so it wasn't just a "round the block".

I got into my Yaris and the difference was amazing. Half the pedal travel, far keener engine and steerin wheel position that didn't require 1 arm 3 inches longer than the other!

I was so, so, so disappointed in the Fabia :(

New job is only 5 miles from new job so I may start looking for a new, less sensible, motor in a while. Celica (gen 5 or 6 GT-4) or MR2 (Mk3 roadster) are the favourites. I don't see that happening for about a year yet though...

A

Hmmm Hows about a Suzuki Swift? lol or maybe not...... :shutit:

Whats wrong with the Swift - its a cool little car by all accounts.... ;)

My Dad got a Skodia Fabia (I think it's a Fabia!) 1996 Model last year and he let me take it around the block, it's heavy, feels like you are sitting on the ground as it's so low and it's like it just doesn't want to move!!

I'm not keen on them, plus it's Battery has gone flat twice now too..which luckily the dealership at the top of the road replaced :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links