Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Advice Needed.

mark_n

I am going to need to replace the two front tyres soon. The car is on standard 15" alloys. I don't mind paying for some good tyres.

Had anyone got any recommendations on what tyres to look for?

Thanks.

I'm after some new tyres for my car soon - they are only 175 65 R14's though, so I'm a bit limited in tyre choice. I've used Goodyear GT2's on my old car but I've not heard much good about them recently - anyone got any views on these tyres at this kinda wheel size?

After visiting the German ADAC website and translating their latest tyre review (which happened to be for my precise tyre size :) ), they reckon that the Pirelli P 3000 Energy and Continental EcoContact 3 are the best of the bunch they tested, but then they didn't test any Bridgeston tyres like the B330 in the test, and only tested the GT3 Goodyear tyre (which I know is not as good as the GT2 in my experience).

Help! Too many choices :)

I'm after some new tyres for my car soon - they are only 175 65 R14's though, so I'm a bit limited in tyre choice. I've used Goodyear GT2's on my old car but I've not heard much good about them recently - anyone got any views on these tyres at this kinda wheel size?

After visiting the German ADAC website and translating their latest tyre review (which happened to be for my precise tyre size :) ), they reckon that the Pirelli P 3000 Energy and Continental EcoContact 3 are the best of the bunch they tested, but then they didn't test any Bridgeston tyres like the B330 in the test, and only tested the GT3 Goodyear tyre (which I know is not as good as the GT2 in my experience).

Help! Too many choices :)

always swere by either TOYO'S or YOKAHAMAS :thumbsup:

Hey Mike1 - you got any specific models in mind? I've bought tyres before that were total crap and then had tyres from the same manufacturer that were fantastic :)

I have to say I'm most interested in low noise, good fuel economy and good wear than uber cornering performance (although that would be nice as well ;) ) as most of the time I'm commuting in traffic so I don't get the chance to let rip often :(

Thanks for your input! :)

I've heard good things about the Toyo T1-R :yes: thats what im after in a couple of months :thumbsup:

I'm after tyres for my T Sport soon also, can't really recommend any tyres as I haven't tried any myself what I can state is steer clear of the tyres fitted to the T Sport as standard some kind of Michelin Pilot, they are the worst tyres i've used on any car ...

I'm after tyres for my T Sport soon also, can't really recommend any tyres as I haven't tried any myself what I can state is steer clear of the tyres fitted to the T Sport as standard some kind of Michelin Pilot, they are the worst tyres i've used on any car ...

get the Toyo Proxies T1-R, they stick to the road like glue and even better in the wet, my mate has them on his golf and they are awsome, much better than Michelin pilot sports. I think T1-R's come as standard fit on TVR's and impreza WRX's

can reconmend www.pro-alloys.co.uk for a good place to buy tyres well cheaper than black circle and my tyres and DO NOT buy firestone fuel savers(on the car when i brought it) the car will slide and wheel spin all over the place am saving for a set of goodyear eagle F1's fantastic tyre :D

:( I can't get Toyo T1-Rs or Goodyear Eagle F1s for my car - is there anyone who has any recommendations for smaller tyres? I don't have the money for new wheels at the moment :)

I can get easily Bridgestone E330's, Pirelli P3000, Goodyear GT2 or GT3, Continental EcoContact 3, Toyo 330, Toyo E10, Toyo 940 and Toyo 941 tyres. Any of that lot take anyones fancy? :)

I've heard good things about the P3000, but I'm worried they will be mega noisy like the P6000 (non Powergy) tyres are (I have a mate who had them and boy are they noisy!). The Continental EcoContacts sound pretty good, but apparently they wear fast, and some people seem to think they are very noisy too. I would go for the Nokian NRT2 probably but no-where seems to sell em except in Cumbria! :huh:

:( I can't get Toyo T1-Rs or Goodyear Eagle F1s for my car - is there anyone who has any recommendations for smaller tyres? I don't have the money for new wheels at the moment :)

I can get easily Bridgestone E330's, Pirelli P3000, Goodyear GT2 or GT3, Continental EcoContact 3, Toyo 330, Toyo E10, Toyo 940 and Toyo 941 tyres. Any of that lot take anyones fancy? :)

I've heard good things about the P3000, but I'm worried they will be mega noisy like the P6000 (non Powergy) tyres are (I have a mate who had them and boy are they noisy!). The Continental EcoContacts sound pretty good, but apparently they wear fast, and some people seem to think they are very noisy too. I would go for the Nokian NRT2 probably but no-where seems to sell em except in Cumbria! :huh:

if you go onto the toyo tyres web site it gives you a guide to other tyre sizes that might fit your rims. Worth a look

Do you mean that part of the website which lets you see what alloy + tyre profile combos give you the same overall wheel diameter? Or is there something else I'm not seeing :blink: - I can't find any info on specific alloys with tyre size ranges for them.

As I said, I can get the Toyo Cleanproxes E10 or the 330, but I'm not sure if they are of the same kind of quality as the more expensive T1R and T1S tyres. I could go up to H rated tyres, (eg Toyo F5 or R610), but I'm not really going to unless they are a lot better than the models available in T rating cause theres no way I'm ever going to drive at more than 118mph (not least because the engine would explode long before the tyres :P ).