Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Xtr

Maggymae

Collected ex demo xtr today. Very impressed with car, but has a pinking noise after you turn off the engine.

Model is auto. Any ideas? Had corrollo verso for three years. Brilliant car, hope this one turns out to be as good.

Collected ex demo xtr today. Very impressed with car, but has a pinking noise after you turn off the engine.

Model is auto. Any ideas? Had corrollo verso for three years. Brilliant car, hope this one turns out to be as good.

Nothing to worry about - all new-ish cars do this in my experience. It's the exhaust pipework cooling and contracting. Seems that after a few years they stop doing it (or making the sound at least).

To me, it's a nice sound - like the smell of a new car, it doesn't last forever so enjoy.

And welcome to the club :)

Welcome to TOC! :thumbsup:

I had an XT-R yesterday as a courtesy car and it was a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy yours as much! :D

Thanks for feed back,I will stop worrying. One small point, does anyone else find these cars very thirsty? maybe I am a bit hard on the accelerator, but am using it for quite short bursts to and from work, real urban useage. Is this normal? I have read the petrol consumption figures, but this seems to be quite heavy on fuel. Thanks

Thanks for feed back,I will stop worrying. One small point, does anyone else find these cars very thirsty? maybe I am a bit hard on the accelerator, but am using it for quite short bursts to and from work, real urban useage. Is this normal? I have read the petrol consumption figures, but this seems to be quite heavy on fuel. Thanks

My XT4 seemed quite heavy on fuel when I first got it. Once I had run it in, upto about 3000 miles, it settled and I am now veet happy with the amount it drinks :)

My Rav's a 3 door petrol auto, and it regularly returns 34 mpg (going by the cars fuel computer) :) although i have done a calculation on paper and i make it about 29 mpg :( .

My Rav's a 3 door petrol auto, and it regularly returns 34 mpg (going by the cars fuel computer) :) although i have done a calculation on paper and i make it about 29 mpg :( .

Mine is a VX D4D 5dr and the trip says it is doing 41.5mpg. Filled up again today did the calc and it is doing 36mpg.... :unsure: not bad.... could there be a pattern in the + - 5mpg out reading by the trip computers

Any one else done the calc to check theres......

Mine is a VX D4D 5dr and the trip says it is doing 41.5mpg. Filled up again today did the calc and it is doing 36mpg.... :unsure: not bad.... could there be a pattern in the + - 5mpg out reading by the trip computers

Any one else done the calc to check theres......

Would be interesting to see if other members get the same reading :) .

Would be interesting to see if other members get the same reading :) .

My 5dr 4D4 XTR has now done 3000 miles from new and I have put in 390 litres of fuel .This equates to 7.7 mpl and if my conversion figure of x 4.545 is correct it is approx 35 mpg . I have to say that I expected at least 40 mpg , but having said that my daily journey to work is only 6 miles (10 min).Most weekday journeys are like this it is only at weekends when I drive it at steady speeds on dual carriageways.

Fuel consumption should settle down around 10k once the engine is properly 'run in'.

I've found in all my previous cars (whatever make/model) that around 10k you start getting optimum acceleration and mpg. :thumbsup:

Ive had 14 toyotas from new, 5 of which had trips. 3 yaris, 1 corola verso 4d4 & now Rav 4d4 all with trips which are approx 10% out, if the trip says 30 mpg you get 27/28 mpg ,if it says 40 mpg you get 36 mpg ,if it says 50 mpg you get 45 mpg. It seems to be the norm for toyota trips or every garage in Britain is giving you 10% less fuel for your money !! :( Hope this helps. To convert devide ltr,s of fuel used by 4.56 to find gallons, then devide miles done by gallons used for true mpg, also full tank each time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links