Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glove Box Lid On The Left Hand Side

peugeot107?

DSC00017.jpg

Its all bendy plastic and self tapping screws. You can open it either by using the handle or hitting the dashboard :unsure: well I had to try :rolleyes:

Two self tappers(don't overtighten else you're ******) go into the inside edge of the shelf, run your fingers along the edge you'll feel them, when you wind the screws in you'll cause slight deformation on the outside you won't see it but you can feel it :unsure: .

There is one self tapper that goes thru bendy(made of grade probably rejected by chinese toy manufacturer as too cheap feeling) stay and MAKES HOLE IN CENTRE CONSOLE. I have not fitted it, the lid only opens half way on its own anyhow :( .

The plastic is light grey and has the same technical/matrix pattern finish, don't know what to call it apart from its not rhino grain :) its a good match, so that's its plus point.

Handle came off when trying to sober its alignment, the catch goes into a hole already there.

If the thing breaks don't think I'll bother replacing it.

A draw stuck to the underside of the drivers cushion would probably be a better idea. :thumbsup: probably not now I have posted it on the web :( :lol:

******=upset*

Shame things haven't worked out as you would have liked. Thanks for the pic.

I was considering this myself but you have made me have second thoughts !

Had a boxy polo before that, had the solid thing licked so guess it spoilt me that way, shame it had a charisma bypass though.

Just so chuffed the worse thing about the car is the glovebox lid. :D Handle looks straighter now anyhow :!Removed!: :lol:

Like the dj cat :) you been to http://www.youthofbritain.com/chillout/ ?

You do sound like a very chuffed owner indeed ;)

Thanks for the avatar compliment, you're the 2nd person to comment about it. I hadnt been to that site but I had a quick look just now, I spotted it on another forum on someone's profile and thought I'd use it too :)

• 7 months later...

Old post i know, but i just got mine today and il fit it later. The instructions look pretty crappy, but guess i just have to look at the car itself for it to make more sense!!

When you said it was bendy plastic, i expected it to be a cheapy piece of plastic, but it aint, its just like the rest of the grey interior :) If i need help il PM you lol!

Fitted. Most of it looks fine but the handle is balls and doesnt look like a decent fit on the left hand side. But heck, it does its job, aint fitted that little arm thing coz i dont wana put a screwhole in the side of the dash.

Well, atleast now it's a city car :thumbsup:

You have a good point, but still 30 quid for the lid. Thats expensive for something that should perhaps come with the car.

Fitted. Most of it looks fine but the handle is balls and doesnt look like a decent fit on the left hand side. But heck, it does its job, aint fitted that little arm thing coz i dont wana put a screwhole in the side of the dash.

Did you order it online? (yes - I'm tempted)

Yup i sure did from planet peugeot parts!

Was it easy to fit? Did you check if it would void any part of the warranty with Mr T?

Dont see why it would void warranty its only a piece of plastic that covers the glove box for privacy.

Yes it was easy to fit, can be a bit fiddly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links