Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E - Electric Window Slowing Down

Andy Gti

Hi there, I have just noticed that the drivers side front window is a bit sluggish when going up or down. Is this likely to be something like a new motor required or is it worth taking everything apart and giving it a clean etc?

Cheers

Andy

If the other side is fine I'd suggest cleaning the origional, or maybe a scrappy for a spare?

[

Hi there, I have just noticed that the drivers side front window is a bit sluggish when going up or down. Is this likely to be something like a new motor required or is it worth taking everything apart and giving it a clean etc?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, I had the same problem with mine. Toyota Dealer charge me £120 to fix it. As far as I know it just needed stripping down and cleaning. Good luck

I reckon that if its just slow then all you might need is to clean everything and perhaps add a bit of oil. The trickiest part is getting the actual door panel off and I was greatly helped by a Haynes manual for the Carina when mine had to be replaced recently. Before buying the Carina I did a lot of research and one of the most frequently mentioned problems was the drivers side front electric window packing up.

In my case I was opening the window one day and it just blocked while open. After checking, it turned out that the cable had become a bit mangled, so I contacted a couple of Toyota garages who both wanted over £300 for a new motor because they won't sell any of the individual parts. This seemed like daylight robbery and I could probably have found a cable in a DIY store and threaded it through, but I found a complete new motor with cable etc for £50 on eBay which arrived the next day. I fitted it myself in about 30 minutes and its a little noisier than the Toyota one but it works fine and I think it was a worthwhile saving.

had similar problem and mine it was the inner door rubber betyween the window becoming loose. try and check that aswell before you get new motor :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links