Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ecu Light

Drew

seems im full of problems lately

anyway - ecu light comes on, when i 1st start car, or if im sat a while in lights, if i flick ignition off and back on, light stays off till i next stop

took it to Toyota, they read it as... 'Intercooler'

but couldn't tell me wot they needed to do to fix it (very helpgful :rolleyes: )

i know its a long shot, but any ideas wot could cause this? (car dont even have an intercooler, it has a charge cooler)

ps - it runs totally fine even with the light on, but i dont wanna kill the engine or the turbo or anything

cheers

Drew

Intercooler fault normally indicates low intercooler coolant level.

You need to check (and top up) the coolant level at least once a week.

Note: The ECU will need re-setting as it will be limiting the power output (drops about 30-40 horses). Disconnect Battery for at least 30 seconds - or see previous threads on similar topic. :thumbsup:

Advice provided by local my Toyota dealer (at no cost).

Intercooler fault normally indicates low intercooler coolant level.

You need to check (and top up) the coolant level at least once a week.

Note: The ECU will need re-setting as it will be limiting the power output (drops about 30-40 horses). Disconnect battery for at least 30 seconds - or see previous threads on similar topic. :thumbsup:

Advice provided by local my Toyota dealer (at no cost).

cheers mate

never new this - new to these type of machines, and its time to ask the silliest q on here

where is the intercooler top up thing - lol - is it that top up thing on the top of the black box (with dual entry written on it) and also wot ya top it up with? normal water or wot

warning, this is thicko post of the year - hehe

ok - i think that is the chargecooler top up after some research, and also know it just uses normal coolant - BUT

how full does it have to be? right up to the top or wot? there aint no max marks or i cant see any

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links