Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mmmmm

Chyownster

Waht do u recon people. The time has come for me to get some alloys, but i canr decide to get 15s or 16s. lokking atgetting some decent ones so aaht when i get a T Sport Yaris then i can change em over.

The car is only a 1.0 so i dunnoo. also not sure on weather to get some low profiles cos the rid is a bit hard as it is. so im looking at 6.5x15s of 7x16s ish.

Cheers for the advice

I think you are thinking of too big sizes.I have put steel wheel 14in and 185/60 R14 I find them very good not only because I have them but a friend of mine had put on his Yaris 15in 195/50 R15 and it was very hard.

I'm running 15's on a 195 50 tyre

if I had money i'd go for a 16 with a 40 tyre m8

6.5x15 or 7x16 is fine and u should go for it

once you get the wheels on though m8 u'll realise how ridiculous the car looks on standard springs

i'm still desperate for some SR/Tsport springs but it's all money I don't have right now!

u might even consider a 17x7 with a 40 tyre, i'm not sure how much rubbing u'll get with the arches though once u change the wheels over to ur tsport

15's suit me fine cos when i sell the car they'll be staying on it

16 or 17's are what u should be looking at in my opinion, nice :thumbsup:

Yeah I agree 16" or 17" is what you want.

There is a lad in my village who got 17"s on his Yaris SR.

So they do fit , but I'm not sure what work you need to do to make them fit :unsure:

The rear arches need to be trimed or rolled to except 17's.... the fronts will also bottom out with big pot holes.... i have lowered the car 30mm on tte springs tho....

Dan :thumbsup:

Mmmmm,

Interesting. I dont think that 17" will be for me cos the top speed will suffer and i cant be ***** doing work to the arches ath the min. Im thinking of getting a T Sport in a year or so when the damn insurance is affordable :censor: s!!

i know tat the speedo will be affected no matter waht wheel i get but can they be recalibrated

Cheers for the replies so far people

your top speed will increase if anything, and your 0-60 times will decrease... about .3 of a second

16's sound the best option for u then, with a nice 40 tyre

17s will look too big on such a small car... stick with 16s if i was u. get hold of a nice set of weight saving magnesium wheels... and u'll have the looks and a slight performance boost....

lolol dan's furious!

I think 17's look pretty gangsta B)

but all the arch rolling and tyre rubbing is too much for me especially around here, potholes would destroy them

17s will look too big on such a small car...

This is pure matter of taste but I agree... Even 15" looks plenty on Yaris :thumbsup:

lolol dan's furious!

I think 17's look pretty gangsta B)

but all the arch rolling and tyre rubbing is too much for me especially around here, potholes would destroy them

1. Don't blame Dan for been a little bit mad.

2. What arch rolling,it's obvious Dan has matched the alloys to the correct low profile tyres for the Yaris,therefore is the correct circumference for his speedo and is no different to the originals he took off,so why is that going bigger?

Sam,just to let you know ain't having a go at you mate :thumbsup: But a lot of the avensis lads can't understand what i'm on about and i think a lot of the yaris lads don't either(apart from Dan).

Just cos you go for larger alloy's,if you match them to the correct size tyres there is no difference in wheel size or any need for the speedo to be adjusted.

Thats me 500th post btw :thumbsup:

i know what you mean sorted, however even 17's on a yaris with a 40 tyre, on -30mm springs will rub!! you'll need to roll the arches, I understand what you're saying but they are slightly larger than the t sport stock wheels

I dont want to start a war........ its my view, please dont take it as the 'done thing'...

the problem with 17's on a yaris is the 205 (fatness) the 40/ 17 yes does have a slighly larger rolling radus but not enough for you to notice.... its all my 2p's worth.

sorry, Dan :thumbsup: