Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Windows

AW11hvn

hey everyone,

this is for a MKI, im having window troubles. ive already replaced the window motor on the passenger side, but it wont roll down. it rolled up after installing the motor though. is it maybe just an electrical prob? if so whats the easiest way to fix it?

thx, Cory.

Sounds like you might need to check the switch rather than the motor, if it went up when you fixed it, it's probably as simple as a wire come lose...

You'll need to take the door panel off though...

thx, that makes sense. cuz i already had to replace the driver side. the only prob is that the spare switch i have is off an 88. its completely different than the 86 with a lock and window switch. so should i just take the lock switch off and make it fit?

thx, Cory.

I have a similar problem with my '86 Celica. It rolls up fine but not down. Actually, I have passenger controls on my driver side as well, and the up works there too but not the down. This leads me to think it's just a switch problem, seeing as the switch on my passenger side works perfect for up/down. Call your local Toyota dealership and chances are they'll be able to get the part for you. Don't expect it to be cheap though - they wanted to charge me $150 (that's Canadian Dollars, so a little better than $100 USD) for a sunroof switch. *****s. Otherwise, look around the local salvage yards. Chances are that other Toyotas from the same year could have a similar switch...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links