Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Got My Hi Lux

steve d

Hi there, my name is steve and just got a Hi Lux. Really looking forward to driving it. Hope this doesnt sound stupid but i wondered if it was possible to get a bench seat or split bench seat for it. Its just a single cab so dont know if this is possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Steve, you do not mention what age your truck is. I believe the original mk1 truck ('79 to '83) came with a bench seat as standard. I am sure I have seen where people have fitted this into later models. Whatever bench you go for, I know there are plenty of more modern trucks about that are runnig with a bench seat of some sort.

Thanks for your reply. Its an 89 G. Will have to have a look round to see if I can find one. Nearly got a land rover instead but then had no money and when I got some cash I changed my mind and went for a Toyota. Will keep you posted on my progress and thanks again for your reply.

Cheers

Steve

Hi. Will get some pic's asap, im afraid it looks no where near as good as yours but im gonna love it and getting this pick up for starters could lead onto who knows what!!!

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for your reply. Its an 89 G. Will have to have a look round to see if I can find one. Nearly got a land rover instead but then had no money and when I got some cash I changed my mind and went for a Toyota. Will keep you posted on my progress and thanks again for your reply.

Cheers

Steve

Hi. Will get some pic's asap, im afraid it looks no where near as good as yours but im gonna love it and getting this pick up for starters could lead onto who knows what!!!

Cheers

Steve

well if you think about modifying your truck (which will probably 10 minutes after you pick it up :lol: )or any other question there are a lot of people with Hilux's on here who are in the know.

it dont matter what it looks like as long as you enjoy it which i have no doubt you will :thumbsup:

Ps the vehicle in the Avatar is not mine but this is

surf002.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Cheers

Steve

well if you think about modifying your truck (which will probably 10 minutes after you pick it up :lol: )or any other question there are a lot of people with Hilux's on here who are in the know.

it dont matter what it looks like as long as you enjoy it which i have no doubt you will :thumbsup:

Ps the vehicle in the Avatar is not mine but this is

surf002.jpg

That looks cool. Got a stupid big grin on my face now!! Rang Toyota garage and they said think they can get a bench seat for a single cab but it will be big bucks!! just wondered if any one knows if you can modify a rear bench seat from another toyota etc. any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

Steve :thumbsup:

Im sure a rear seat could be modified as long as it was secure and you can still use your 3 point belts im sure it would pass the MOT the only thing is it would still only be classed as a two seater and i think if you wanted to change the seating capacity on your V5 form it may be suject to a SVA test by the DOT

And i dont blame you for having a big silly grin on your face as i still love driving mine

Im sure a rear seat could be modified as long as it was secure and you can still use your 3 point belts im sure it would pass the MOT the only thing is it would still only be classed as a two seater and i think if you wanted to change the seating capacity on your V5 form it may be suject to a SVA test by the DOT

And i dont blame you for having a big silly grin on your face as i still love driving mine

Thanks ever so much. will have to try and find a rear bench seat for sale. Will keep the site posted.

Cheers

Im not sure about the fixing of the seats in a single cab Lux but you might find that a rear seat from a Hilux Surf might be you best option as they are hinged with a release clip at the back of the seat.

I feel if you were to build a strong frame and secure it to you original seat mounts and then secure the back seat to the frame that may work.

they have bench seats in the US, it may be worth trying to contact some of the US dealers

they have bench seats in the US, it may be worth trying to contact some of the US dealers

Thats a good point that one out of a Tacoma may fit

Thats a good point that one out of a Tacoma may fit

Thanks both for all that info, i'll do some research.

Cheers

i think its the 4runner you need to be looking at or any listings as the "pickup"

• 2 weeks later...

i think its the 4runner you need to be looking at or any listings as the "pickup"

Thanks for all your replies so far. i just thought that even if i did find a bench seat from an early hi lux, would the fixing/mounting points be the same anyway? or would i just be better tryin to get a frame fabricated then fix a different seat onto it? really struggling to find either a hilux or a donor seat!! gotta keep tryin tho cos need to get my wife and son in aswell. I love my hilux!!!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links