Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Purchase Of A Camry?

sjrainsford

Hi peeps!

I had a test drive in a 98 camry 2.2 the other day and was really impressed with how they drive. It felt just as nice as my previous Lexus GS300.

So, therefore i've decided I really want one. :drool: It must be a 2.2 and with an Auto box.

However, I really like the newer shape too with the 2.4 engine.

Basically i'm just interested in knowing the pitfalls with these, and things I should be looking for. Currently i'm interested in both mark 4 and 5 models depending on my budget. Mark 4 is looking more likely at the moment cause i'm tight!

Thanks all in advance. This could also mean my lovely Rav4 is up for sale with the right interest. B)

Bump!

Nobody with a Camry on here? I know they're rare, but there are some in britain!

I finally managed to get the exact one I wanted after about a year, and at the ripe old age of 22 I am the proud owner of a 2003 3.0 V6 with colour-screen SatNav and Invory leather interior.

The car itself is 1000 times better than the old shape Avensis which I had before and IMO far better than the new Avensis when I tried that too.

My dad had the old shape V6 before getting his LS400 and this new shape is very close to his LS400.

Differences between the new and old shape are the seats are more comfortable, if you get one with a proper gearbox (i.e. automatic) then it has a foot operated parking brake which is nice as it means you get to use the huge centre armrest without anything interfering and I think the shape is very classy.

The GLS spec does miss out on things like cruise control, rear sunblind and leather, and the 2.4 does without traction control and rear spoiler over the 3.0.

To be honest I would go for the V6, its not all that thirsty on a good run i've had 35MPG and my general mixed run I get around 28MPG and a car of this size and luxury really does benefit from the nice smooth V6, it also gives off a lovely deep growl when you rev it a bit.

Have a good luck around though, I paid £10k for mine from a Toyota Dealer with 36k on it, best way of getting a Lexus at Toyota prices!

P.M. me if you want any further information, I have brochures for both the new and old Camry if you want any figures or specs.

Have fun finding the one you want!

Cheers James, was kinda hoping you'd reply. I remember you from the Avensis forum when I had mine. And i've known that you wanted one for ages now.

They are so rare though! But yeah, I really like the mk5 models. Thing is, i'm just about to move house so the money thing is a big issue.

Oh well, I may find one some day!

Hi, I have a 97 camry 2.2. I've had 7 years and it has never let me down. I would highly recommend it for comfort and reliability. The insurance costs are a bit steep, but general running costs are ok

Hi, I have a 97 camry 2.2. I've had 7 years and it has never let me down. I would highly recommend it for comfort and reliability. The insurance costs are a bit steep, but general running costs are ok

I have a 97 3.0 V6 1MZ, I have put 40,000 on it with no problems. I have had the timming belt changed and a valve job done. Other than gas and tires I just drive the thing. I would suggest this model to my own mom.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links