Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina Ignition/acc Power?

JaoQuin

Hi,

Wondering which wire is the ACC power wire, as I was installing the headunit and I got everything, except that I can't find the ACC power at all! Tried every wire in the wire loom. Everything else seems connected to the right one, except 2 is left, which is the dimmer wire, and one that is red with black stripe, which has no effect when I connect it to the HU's ACC power wire. IS that the usual colour for ACC power wire in toyota wire loom? I remember it's usually grey, but not in the Carina. Anyone help?

If not, where can I tap into for ACC power other than the ignition switch itself? I wouldn't want to do that unless there is no other choice. Please advice. The Cig lighter is permanent 12V and the Aircon is on only when engine goes, the power windows and electric sidemirrors sometimes stays on momentarily after ignition is turned off. Where is the goddamn ACC power wire in the car????!

At the moment I have it connected to permanent 12V, so i can turn it on even when the ignition is off. Not good... help!

OK.. change of question then.. someone must know where te ACC/Ignition power cable is in the fusebox.. OR something similar.. someone please help me!! Anywhere in a Carina where power would only be supplied when ACC/Ignition is on.

thanks!

Hi JaoQuin

Dont know if I can help you, but in mine the ACC wire is connected so Ill try to get there and see the colour. ( I have to dissamble the pannel for that, so it might take a little time...)

In the meanwhile, and if you have time, why dont u start looking for the ACC wire from the key sw? then all you have to do is to follow it to the nearest place to the head unit. May be it changes color somewhere.

Hope this helps

Cheers :bye:

Coyote from BA

Argentina

ok i got your answer. and please do it right, not just twist and tape or shove the wire in with a fuse. that is unless you like your car catchin on fire! ok what you need to do is drop the pannel that covers your steering columb and in a loom (nothing with a yellow loom or harness) look for a white/red or blue/red. that will work no matter what but use a power probe to test those wires before you hook anything up to it.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REPLY!!!!!!

:)

Coyote, that was my last resort, thanks for replying!

Fuzioncivic, so look for a white/red or blue/red wire in a loom that is not yellow..but harness?~ most wires end in a harness don't they?

Anyways..is this similiar for all toyotas..or only for the carina?

Really appreciate the replies.

i looked up a 93 carina because i didnt know what year it was and thats the color for it. they dont usually change that often. but my bad its a thicker wire in one of the "looms" by the steering columb. i think its a smooth black plastic loom.

I'll guess that your power windows and mirrors actually ARE connected to Acc or thereabouts. It's not unusual for them to be powered either directly or through a relay (load reduction relay, it's called) from the same line as the blower fan, and if you have the fan turned up, the back emf from it after you turn the key off will continue to power the circuit until the fan slows down...

Hmm... but if I power the ACC to the power windows ACC..would it continue to stay turn on until the fan slows down? This doesn't sound very good...

I guess I have to find that black wiring loom under the steering column and find that elusive wire.. fuzion can u please tell me where u got this info from? I can't find anything on wiring for carinas online..

Thanks guys! Appreciate t!

well if you use kazaa and lookup techsoft, you can use that program to look up any car. even yours. :thumbsup:

you wanna fill us in a little here? I've searched "techsoft" in Kazaa, and no results... :(