Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Caz SR

Hello,

I've been browsing through a few car forums lately (various models) and came across a nifty idea. Under the avatar on certain forums, users can link directly to their garage, which displays a car profile (very similar to the TOC garages).

I appreciate TOC probably runs different forum software, but considering most people link to their garage in the signature area, I thought this would be a nice option to have and tidy things up a bit.

Also, within the car profile area, there is an option to add insurance details; i.e Premium costs and which company the car is insured with. I think this could be a nice piece of extra info and may answer the common 'how much is XXX car to insure' questions. It's set out in a table just above the gallery pictures of the vehicle.

An example can be found on IMOC (again I know it's different software) and a few other owner's clubs.

Was wondering if people here thought this could be a nice little change and if it's indeed possible?

Cheers :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I've been browsing through a few car forums lately (various models) and came across a nifty idea. Under the avatar on certain forums, users can link directly to their garage, which displays a car profile (very similar to the TOC garages).

I appreciate TOC probably runs different forum software, but considering most people link to their garage in the signature area, I thought this would be a nice option to have and tidy things up a bit.

Also, within the car profile area, there is an option to add insurance details; i.e Premium costs and which company the car is insured with. I think this could be a nice piece of extra info and may answer the common 'how much is XXX car to insure' questions. It's set out in a table just above the gallery pictures of the vehicle.

An example can be found on IMOC (again I know it's different software) and a few other owner's clubs.

Was wondering if people here thought this could be a nice little change and if it's indeed possible?

Sounds good to me :yes::thumbsup:

I've also seen on other forums, a PostsPerDay instead of a "posts" count.

and also "karma" .. where if people help you, you give them a +ive karma point, and if someone "doesn't read the stickies" you can give them a -ive point. I'm trying to look into how this works proper.

The Karma is available on VBuletin forums ..

This I think would get people trying to be helpful (I know it's only a forum, but look at the dross posed to get the post count up :))

Hello,

Sounds good to me :yes::thumbsup:

me too

i like the idea of a daily post count too

not sure about the points system tho

The Karma is available on VBuletin forums ..

This I think would get people trying to be helpful (I know it's only a forum, but look at the dross posed to get the post count up :))

Karma is available on Invision as well.... I've been doing a lot of forum research recently! :yes:

the IMOC garage is superb as you can add BHP and QTR mile times which then relate to a league table, and i agree with all Charis' points :yes:

i like the karma idea thing aswell, also seen a similar 'trader' system for people to leave feedback for others who provide good sales etc...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links