Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More Power!

westojh

I have a Rev one mark 2 MR2 with the 3S-GE engine. Does anyone know what changed at rev 3 to up this bhp from 158 to 174?

If it is simply the ECU, then can this be retro fitted to mine?

Cheers guys, much appreciated!

yeah, the rev 3 was a significant change in the car and engine..

of course, you probably could find a rev 3 engine and drop it in your rev 1 ;)

yeah, the rev 3 was a significant change in the car and engine..

of course, you probably could find a rev 3 engine and drop it in your rev 1 ;)

Bingo! :yes::yes: anyone got a decent one going? My rev1 has taken alot of my money, and I don't want to sell it, but I would like a bit more poke! I'm sure you understand!

get a turbo lump dropped in .. have a look at Rogue Systems :)

www.roguesystems.co.uk .. (and have a look at the car on the banner :))

Didn't think it was the engine that slowed it to 60... thought that was due to the extra weight with safety features etc...

Didn't think it was the engine that slowed it to 60... thought that was due to the extra weight with safety features etc...

I believe you are right....I think it was the extra safety features and other random stuff that they loaded onto the rev3 that made it slower.... hence shoving a rev3 lump into a rev1/2 should make it even quicker.. (technically i spose) :thumbsup:

get a turbo lump dropped in .. have a look at Rogue Systems :)

www.roguesystems.co.uk .. (and have a look at the car on the banner :))

gotta agree, a rev3 NA lump will be a git to sort, but a rev1 turbo lump will be a doddle to drop in :yes:

and youll have 220bhp and a blower and not 174 :D

the rev 1/2 is quicker to 60 than the later rev3 lump...

not that you would notice it tbh...

i beg to differ...i've raced a rev2 a couple of times, got ahead of him every time so i'd say the later 3S-GE is quicker.

For the actual difference between them, you'd probably need a damn good driver in both cars to really find out.

Even if a car is quoted 7 seconds to 60, doesn't me us mere mortals are going to achieve it! :D

We all like to think we're the best drivers in the world!

For the actual difference between them, you'd probably need a damn good driver in both cars to really find out.

Even if a car is quoted 7 seconds to 60, doesn't me us mere mortals are going to achieve it! :D

We all like to think we're the best drivers in the world!

I think you will find that i actually am though... :rolleyes:

I think you will find that i actually am though... :rolleyes:

Of course mate... didn't mean to speak for everyone... Fizz... aka 'The Stig'! ;) :D

There's a nice 280bhp+ 3S-GTE recently taken to a salvage yard somewhere.

Have to say it's been compacted a bit and might even slot straight into an Aygo :lol:

As for thinking I'm the best driver in the world, I'll stick with FWD for a while!! :yes:

Joe

Glad to see you've still got your sense of humour Joe! :D

Well he has never had the looks.. so gotta hold onto something 'ehh Joey.. :lol: :P

Well he has never had the looks.. so gotta hold onto something 'ehh Joey.. :lol: :P

Yeah Yeah the girls love it :D

Joe

Yeah Yeah the girls love it :D

Joe

You told me you wanted someting with less power for your next car and I expected you to laugh when I mentioned a MKIII but you looked like I was serious!! :ffs:

:lol::lol::lol:

the rev 1/2 is faster to 60.. the rev 3+ 3SGE is slightly slower.. this is due to as mentioned before.. the added safety features - side impact protection beams etc.. but also because the gearbox was changed - so the extra bhp wasn't really beneficial until higher speeds.. the rev3+ 3SGE also benefited from a 4-1 manifold as opposed to a 4-2-1 manifold.. the 4-1 manifold adds slightly more further up the rev range but loses slightly in torque compared to the 4-2-1 design.. HTH