Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio/clock Not Working

zszhang11

I have a 3-year old Toyota Corolla CE. The AM-FM radio and the clock started not working after I used a portable air compressor (which hooked to the cigarette lighter) to inflate the car's tires. Probably no electricity is going to the radio and the clock. But all other equipment works fine, such as fan and air conditioner. Anyone has any suggestions to this problem? Thanks.

you've blown the fuse,the clock/radio is always the same fuse,usually a 15 amp or 7.5 amp fuse :thumbsup:

Should be a dome fuse.... maybe. Has the interior light also gone???

Dan

The interior light is still working.

Where is the radio/clock fuse located? My knowledge on car is very little.

Thanks.

Try the engine bay if it's not under the steering wheel :thumbsup:

The clock/radio fuse is under the steering wheel, you should see a drop down compartment. The fuses will be labeld on the innerside of the drop down lid... there should actually be some spare fuses in there. but don't be tight!! remember to get some replacements!

I bet you used your compressor without the engine running....that's what usually blows it...although the instructions don't say so! compressor draws quite a bit of power.

There is another fuse box located in the engine bay...but this is mainly for ignition and the like.

Vipes

on a corolla it's under the steering wheel,bottom left if memory serves me right(MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH :lol: )

the fuse blown will probably be AC or ACC

that's what was wrong when my clock/radio stopped working, also the leccy mirrors and AC wasnt working either.

you should have a lil diagram printed somewhere aswell, help you find were the fuse is. im reconing its going to be a 15 amp fuse, so best bets.. look for a green blown fuse.

you should have a lil diagram printed somewhere aswell, help you find were the fuse is. im reconing its going to be a 15 amp fuse, so best bets.. look for a green blown fuse.

Thank you for all the advice.

The fuse box is truly located under the steering wheel, bottome left. It is a 15A fuse.

I am so glad the problem is fixed.

i've been pondering getin a job at a dealership actually :)

I might see if I can get one at audi or vw, then i can drive all the awesome cars home... there is a toyota dealer not far away but i don't think it's very good :blink::unsure:

• 2 years later...

Can anyone help me? I have a Yaris and the same thing happened. I plugged in a Police light from Finland and now no joy. Is the fuse box for the radio/clock on the yaris under the steering wheel?

• 11 years later...

hallo There my Toyota Yaris of 1999, has power suply problem to radio, player and interior lamp, there is no electricity coming in radio, and inside light. how can i fix this problem? i looked at fuses under the steering wheel and all seem still good

• 3 years later...
On 4/11/2017 at 12:16 AM, claudetatah Wernhard25 said:

hallo There my Toyota Yaris of 1999, has power suply problem to radio, player and interior lamp, there is no electricity coming in radio, and inside light. how can i fix this problem? i looked at fuses under the steering wheel and all seem still good

Did you look at the fuse board on the engine side?

On 4/10/2017 at 10:16 PM, claudetatah Wernhard25 said:

19 minutes ago, henlauk said:

Did you look at the fuse board on the engine side?

The post is over three years old, so I would imagine a solution has probably been found.