Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ot Do You Think A Ps2 Will Run On 9v Rather Than 8.5v?

cookci

got a 9V adaptor rather than the recommended 8.5V. It plugs in perfectly and is the correct amps and polarity... do you think the extra 0.5V will kill it or should i stop being so stingey and buy the correct car adapter?

got a 9V adaptor rather than the recommended 8.5V. It plugs in perfectly and is the correct amps and polarity... do you think the extra 0.5V will kill it or should i stop being so stingey and buy the correct car adapter?

Yes, should be fine. Don't blame me if you blow it up though! :D

do i need a receipt for argos? lol

works fine. adaptor only says it rated to 2.5Amps though... i thought it said 5! the sony one is 5amps

its weird it works really?

that was ment to be another reply then not an edit oops

yay it works :)

I just tested the output of the genuine adapter for the PS2 and it was 10.1 v dc so a 9v dc you will have no problems as long as that is its correct rating

works fine. adaptor only says it rated to 2.5Amps though... i thought it said 5! the sony one is 5amps

its weird it works really?

It could overheat and trip out or brownout if the ps2 sucks too much juice. If you get mysterious reboots or lockups on the ps2, it would indicate that the power supply isn't coping. Current draw won't be constant, it will go up and down depending on what the ps2 is doing (e.g. spinning the optical drive up will take a bit more current).

My JDM ps2 did not appretiate being givena 240V feed... that much I know :D