Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bodywork Colour Problems Metal/plastic

Helen

Hi all,

I picked up my blue MR2 yesterday. I chose to have the supagard exterior and interior protection applied by the dealership. I have noticed that there is a considerable difference in colour between the body paintwork and the front bumper, the bumper being lighter.

Seeing the car before the supagard had been applied I didn't notice such an extreme contrast in colour.

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

Could the supagard be the cause of this ? if so what should I do ?

Look forward to hearing from anyone

Helen x

I've seen this sort of thing quite a lot. Fizz's old MR2 ( also blue ) had this sort of colour change too. It's something to do with the different undercoat/primer preparations on the different materials. Supaguard wouldn't cause this, although it may make it more noticeable.

Rich

The car has had its front bumper reprayed.

Are the shutlines true????? My old Mr2 also had a respreyed bumper and bonnet, but it had not been in a big smash, it has just been stonechipped to buggery!!

another thing is that 95% of car manufacturers now get the bumpers, bonets, petrol caps(most of the plastic trim) sprayed by private companies and the colour match is not allways 100% accurate(its a night mare for someone like me(work for chipsaway) when u get the colour code of the car, mix the paint & then u go to spray the bumper and the paint you have mixed is either slightly darker or lighter than the car colour...have to mix the paint again and add different paint to correct colour match :ffs: )

Being a sprayer, somtimes certain plastics can change the colour of the paint slightly. It also depends on the colour.

There are so many different shades of the same colour these days, for instance i sprayed a vw golf this week in black & there was 10 different shades !! :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links