Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittant Beep When Turning Off The Engine

yoda the yaris

:D Hello I'm a new member. I wonder if anyone can answer my query? I have a new Yaris T-Sport, which I have had for about 5 weeks. And I'm thrilled to bits with it by the way!! Occasionally (not every time!)when I switch off the engine and open the door (passenger and driver)a bleep sounds which seems to be coming from somewhere in the engine. It's not related to leaving the lights on, that's more of a buzzer sound. I can't find anything about this in the manual. Is it maybe something to do with the alarm? As I say it doesn't happen all the time. Any help please, thanks Angie :)

hi..

welcome to the group..

it is the alarm/security making the beeping. I think the car tries to auto-activate the alarm or auto lock the doors after the keys have been removed from the ignition. Be carefull, the car will lock itself sometimes when theres no key in the ignition (a feature not mentioned in my handbook) and all doors are shut. So you need to keep your keys with you at all times.

Surinder...

ps. You will get the same beeping of you try to activate the alarm if not all the doors are closed properly.