Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roadster Rattles!

JAY1

Hiyall!!!

I have got an 05 roadster which I love . . . . . apart from few annoying rattles (perhaps vibrations is a better word).

I know its a small complaint but it`s a bit of a niggle of mine.

Anyway!, after getting my girlfriend too drive around the local ind est while I hunted for the vibrations, I found that the rear compartment doors needed a small adjustment, and, inside the rear compartment at the far left and right corners are pieces of moulded plastic that are quite flimsely in place. I have removed these two bits of plastic . . . and! . . . brilliant! no mor vibrations!.

Unfortunatly it says on the two pieces that they must be put back in if the roof is to be lowerd!?.

I have had a look at every available angle, and I have put the roof up and down, and I can`t realy see what they do??.

Can anyone enlighten me??

Many thanx J

Nothing in particular they just give a bit more room in the little space that we have, the only problem that might occur is if anything gathers in the drain holes that are there (blocked drain holes, another story (not serious)).

There ar a number of rattle points that appear throughout It's life, glove box, hood release, centre console, none of these are permanent and are all fixable.

Any other questions you need to know just post them up here, I'm sure we can help :thumbsup:

Les

There are 1 or 2 minor rattles and squeaks in mine.. nothing to worry about.. 2 real things you can do..

1. Get your girlfriend to talk.. but be carefull, females tend to keep talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking

2. Turn the radio up a little... works for me :thumbsup:

Most cars have little rattles here and there.. don't worry about it.

Nothing in particular they just give a bit more room in the little space that we have, the only problem that might occur is if anything gathers in the drain holes that are there (blocked drain holes, another story (not serious)).

There ar a number of rattle points that appear throughout It's life, glove box, hood release, centre console, none of these are permanent and are all fixable.

Any other questions you need to know just post them up here, I'm sure we can help :thumbsup:

Les

Many thanx all!!.

Was thinking of putting some larger alloys on also, but I do love the way it looks already!??.

Is there anyone who has some pics of a Roadster with larger 17"/18" alloys on?

Also, I was thinking of putting an exhaust on that sounds a bit meatier than the standard (but don`t want to spend a fortune) any suggestions?.

Thanx J

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatly it says on the two pieces that they must be put back in if the roof is to be lowerd!?.

I have had a look at every available angle, and I have put the roof up and down, and I can`t realy see what they do??.

Can anyone enlighten me??

Those 2 pieces of plastic are there to prevent anything from puncturing the two drain sacks at either side of the hood. A piece of luggage puncturing one of these would lead to your luggage compartment being flooded every time the car got wet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links