Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Query!

TOYMOTA

Hi peeps, A mate of mine is after a Celica.

I know there's the 190bhp T-Sport, but he's seen a 140bhp one. Is this a T-Spirit? He's also been told that he can up that 140bhp to 190bhp without much trouble at all. Is this the case? I would have thought it would be a different engine from the T-Sport?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Too much hassle and expense to up the 140 to a 190. You can put a supercharger on the 140 though

basically he's talking out of his backside :lol:

Slight tangent, but is the 190bhp lift engine the 2ZZ-GE?

140 = 1zz-fe

190 = 2zz-ge

The 140 is just called a VVti i dont think they do a t-spirit celica

Correct, no T-Spirit Celica. Just VVTi (140BHP), VVTLi190 (190BHP), and T-Sport (190BHP). The T-Sport is the face-lift VVTLi190.

You cannot upgrade the 140 to a 190
Too much hassle and expense to up the 140 to a 190. You can put a supercharger on the 140 though

You CAN upgrade a 140 to a 190, but its cheaper just to go buy a 190. Different Engine, ECU, etc etc etc...

You can also Supercharge, or Turbo the 140 engine safely. Again, not worth it, buy a 190.

The T-Sport is the face-lift VVTLi190.

Sorry, think I got that wrong. I think there was a T-Sport at the same time as there was a VVTLi190. the 190 definately came before the T-Sport though...

I was gonna mention, perhaps you can supercharge the 190 safely. After all, lotus have with their exige 240R. Thats the 2ZZ-GE engine and a 'roots' supercharger. vvti-l 240bhp @8k rpm, 4.5sec 0-60, top speed of 150mph.

The FE engines are built for economy and the GE engines are built for power! It's the same the whole way across the Toyota engine range: 3S-GE (& GTE (Turbo model)) & 3S-FE, 4A-GE (& GZE (Super-charger model)) & 4A-FE, etc. :yes::thumbsup:

Yes, DefiantFrog is right. Before the facelift, you could buy the 190 in either T-Sport or Premium/Style trim.

Once the facelift happened, it was only offered in T-Sport trim.

And I'm happy with mine!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links