Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Season In Celica Country

MIP

Seems alot of people are going for alloys at the moment. I've made a £380 eBay purchase myself, for a set of 17" 5 spokes with yokohoma tyre's (with loads of tread), whatcha think?

Before:

before.JPG

After:

after.jpg

And the rest here:

Link

I honestly cannot read the font in the hub to tell you what they are, begins with a Z I think. :unsure:

Could do with lowering, but for some odd reason does look lower than it did on the 15's, despite same diameter tyres, n the skirts n front spoiler (which I've sprayed silver, as I have the rear mudguards) help there.

I also spent £260 with millway garage in andover (really nice people, can highly recommend them, recommended to me by leeky, thanks alot mate!). Got a cambelt and alternator belt change, a 9k service, and to top it off, they cleaned it inside and out, really impressed with them. It sounds smooth as silk now, belts used to be noisy, and it used to be alot more throaty n harsh in the morning. Much mechanical sympathy when pressing the accelerator before.

Conservative choice, but looking good none the less! :thumbsup:

And when your spending the same amount on wheels and tyres than the tyres would have cost you, its never a bad thing...!

Probably looks lower because the eye tricks you in to thinking the wheel arches are fuller... 20 or 30mm drop to put the wheels in the centre of the arches, and that'll look mint!

Can you take a close up pic of the centre cap and put it up? It also may say more clearly on the back of one of the spokes, cast as part of the mould...

Did the Ebay person not advertise which brand they were........?

Strangly no. He put up the sizes, the tyre details, detailed photo's and that it said 'euro sport' on them. Pehaps he couldn't read the font on the centre cap same as me. :lol:

I'll take a close up pic after work this eve.

Just come across these, I think they will look good on a gen 6

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Celica-vvti-gold-all...1QQcmdZViewItem

I did see those, though obviously I prefered the ones I chose in the end (I'm a fan of subtle, no chrome or studs or crazyness for me). They are nice, though I don't think gold would suit my car, you could respray em. And after my thread on tyre's, I was kind of warned off Nankang's (what was it someone said...'ditchfinders' I think. In the wet) .

I know the yokahoma brand as their used by lotus motorsport, and I've not been let down, the grip with these seems impressive. That and I've found the feel and feedback through the larger wheels is better. I'm v. happy indeed :)

edit: Quick but important question, what psi would I need to inflate these tyres to? It used to be 36psi with my old r15 tyres. Would it be the same/less/more with lower profile r17's?

MIP - I have just asked him if he wants to swap for some gen 7 alloys. My car is black so they should look good but I can see what you mean about them not suiting your.

Nice wheels BTW!

He said I could have the wheels for £280 which seems like a good deal really. Bit too far away to bother going. How much do people think I could get for my gen 7 16' alloys (only 4)

what was it someone said...'ditchfinders'

That'll be me, and yes, they are! Had some Nankang 17's on my Civic's alloys (can't remember model code, but they weren't the cheapest I could find!). They were ok in the dry, but roundabouts were like ice-rinks in the wet!

How much do people think I could get for my gen 7 16' Alloys (only 4)

Thread hijak, but never mind... Depends on condition, if they are as new with reasonable rubber, you can probably get £30 - 40 each on eBay maybe a little more. If they are peeling, or been refurbed lots to get rid of peeling / scrapes, with bad / heavily worn rubber then probably £15 - 25 per wheel. It is, of course, a buyers market!