Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Starter?

pob

Hello all, I've recently bought a 1991 ST182 Celica which drives like a dream.... But when It's been stood over night I need to crack it for 10 - 15 seconds before it starts, once started for the 1st time it OK for the rest of the day, also sometimes when I turn he ignition key there's nothing at all, just like it's immobilised ( I've checked the in immobiliser is switched off! ) Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I think that the later is proberly down to a dodge ignition barrel or switch, but I haven't got a clue on the none starting bit.....

If anyone can offer any help, then please reply.

Cheers

Pob

Have you tried checking the Battery, it sounds like a similar thread from a couple of days ago where someone had pretty much the same problem, fully charged the Battery and found all was well....

Yeah, i sometime (very rarely) have the same thing.

I find that the best way to start is to turn the ignition on then leave it for a few seconds then turn the engine over. Similar as you would with a diesel car (i.e pre heat)

No idea what this is, i never had the problem on my 98 GT. Maybe i need a new Battery, im still using the one it came over with from japan.

Anyway most important thing is it starts eventually. :lol: