Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Engine Work Info Please

daniel96

hi all i am new here

my dad has an avensis 1997 2lt TD. he is changing the head on it and needs to know the cambelt timing , valve settings and torque setting for the head (cylinder head) and anything else usefull that he may need to know regarding this change. i was going to buy him the engine repair manual that toyota sell till i realised that they were £63 for the three relevant manual.

If anyone has these manuals or can help with the head change it would be more than appreciated

cheers, Dan

I'm afraid you will need a Special service tool to check injector pump timing. The SST No is 09275-54010.

However, the Crank timing marks are hidden behind pulley, which you will need to remove. There is an arrow to align crank, 2 dots on cam pulley & lines on pump pulley. Ensure all 3 are aligned.

Not too sure on head torque as they differ from a 2C engine to D4-D. They range from 30Nm to 75Nm, but as I say I'm not too sure.

I'm afraid you will need a Special service tool to check injector pump timing. The SST No is 09275-54010.

However, the Crank timing marks are hidden behind pulley, which you will need to remove. There is an arrow to align crank, 2 dots on cam pulley & lines on pump pulley. Ensure all 3 are aligned.

Not too sure on head torque as they differ from a 2C engine to D4-D. They range from 30Nm to 75Nm, but as I say I'm not too sure.

thanks for your help there have not got a clue what you are talking about but will pass it all to me dad.

thanks again

Dan :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links