Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Question

SilverWolf

Could anyone tell me what the switch in the pic below is for (I can't see any label on it but it does have a light in it that doesn't come on when it's turned on???)

It's on a '94 Gen 6 import SSII

Celica4b.jpg

my uk 202 had that switch it was to alter the headlights beam

my import gt4 also has a switch there and its for a "pollen + !Removed! smoke filter " on my parcel shelf ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ps- both switches were the jog wheel type

This swtch is the normal "light switch" type (not sure how else to describe it... rocker? maybe) with a tiny rectangle at the top where an "on" light would be

rear fog light then maybe ???

imports dont have a fog light and one is fitted for mots .

The headlight washer jet button non? Thats roughly where it is on my 1998 UK GT.

That's roughly where my headlight washer button is, but it doesn't have a light or anything. It's rectangular and you push the bottom in, only works with the headlights on :thumbsup:

imports dont have washers for headlights.

Rear fog looks most likely so far although fingers crossed for ejector seat!! :yes:

I'll be able to check on Sat as I'm gonna be taking it out for a proper test drive then,

Not such a "quick question" now is it!

Why don't you get someone to turn it on and off when you are walking around the car to see if it does anything like lights etc... Could be Neons or something !Removed! like that!?

But yeah, fingers crossed for ejector seat!

No sign of Rear fog or headlight washers

Celica3b.jpg

Celica1b.jpg

Can't wait for Saturday to check it out!!

(Please don't be neons!!) :no:

I think they build the fog light into the rear cluster normally,

as suggested above press it then walk around the car.

Just another thought did the button spring back when you pressed it or did it click on like a light switch?

Make sure you turn your lights on before you press it as if it's a fog light it'll probably only work when your lights are on :thumbsup:

Nice car mate, looks like mine when I had just bought it!

Is that a bumper grill I see in the pic ? If so, well done-You found a pre-facelift model with a grill already fitted. They look so much better with them, was one of the 1st things I did :thumbsup:

original bumper grills were an option even on the facelift models. Mine is a facelift 96 model and it didn't come with one, I phoned up to get one from Mr T after a bird flew into the radiator and cooked itself (stank for days in the car) They took my VIN number and could confirm the car never had one but found the part number in the list of options and charged me £20ish pounds to get a genuine one. Looks much better and does it's job :thumbsup:

That's interesting and also unbelievable that a grill was an option!! It should have had one from day 1 to avoid those pesky birds getting in there and also to make it look nicer. How stingy can they get??!!

The stupid thing is that in place of the grill they have to put a bar, the bar probably costs almost as much as the grill!

It is daft but for £20 on a £20,000 car it's an option I would have taken

I think i know whats going on.

I have a rear fog that hangs off the bumper that importers attached and wired in switch, but i only have it on for MOT and the rest of the year you would never know it had ever been there.... so.... maybe the previous owner, like me, removed it and then didnt put it back on when they sold the car.

check underneath the back bumper for loose wires or drilled holes for a bracket

:thumbsup:

looking at the pic it looks like the place where the uk fog light switch goes is untouched . this circle of plastic pops out and makes a good place to mount a new fog light switch which only cost a couple of quid , the light on the switch only lights up when a connection is made to something , adam is most likely correct as this is the case for most imports , mine included

gt4rear.jpg