Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where is the Buzzer in the T Sport?

K19NE G

Does anyone know exactly where the beeper is located behin the dash of the Corolla T Sport (which comes on for keys in ignition-door open, lights on-door open, reverse engaged, passenger/driver not wearing seatbelt Mod Edit

I had the plastic trim removed around the ignition and this is where it was located on my Glanza, but it was nowhere to be found! :censor: The sounds seems to be coming from behind the clocks, but I'm not sure!

Please help me for the sake f my sanity, as I know if I'm not wearing a seatbelt, I know when I've got my lights on, I know when I've left my keys in the ignition.... without that Mod edit beeper going all the time!

In Finland, the Toyota Quickservice silenced the buzzer for 0 euros, I suggest you go and ask your Toyota-service. If you go and do something yourself, that's a good reason for them to say if something comes up later on that it won't be covered by the guarantee.

Hi

It annoy's me in reverse & the key in the ignition reminder :ffs: . I asked my local dealer about turning t off & they didn't want to know. But they are very useless (couldn't even fit a radio :wacko: !!) even if they are pretty cheap for servicing.

You could try to email the dealer from Finland that C-Man Jr mentioned.

At least my car being a earlier T Sport doesn't beeb for the seat belts. As when I drive in to a multistorey car pack I always take seatbelt off (I think I be ok with no seat belt at 5mph).

It's more than likely my next car will have a seat belt reminder :ffs: .

Pb

:wacko:

i actually find the reverse beep handy... as i've found it's sometimes easy to put it into reverse when u meant to pick first gear.

having come from a car that had quite a spacious gear selection.. the t-sport is quite tight.

My safetybelt beep isn,t working anymore the rest still beeps but i can drive if i want to without my saftybelt on :yes:

My safetybelt beep isn,t working anymore the rest still beeps but i can drive if i want to without my saftybelt on :yes:

it's not pretty for your health to drive without safetybelt on.. because of airbag..

it's not pretty for your health to drive without safetybelt on.. because of airbag..

I now and i don,t drive with out my saftybelt on , only i my street when i come home a couple hunderd meters orso :thumbsup:

Please help me for the sake f my sanity, as I know if I'm not wearing a seatbelt, I know when I've got my lights on, I know when I've left my keys in the ignition.... without that f%@*ing beeper going all the time!

:lol::lol: cant offer any advice just wanted to agree its mega annoying especially the beeping when engine off and door open its a real pain in the a**. maybe get set of earplugs :lol: :censor:

as far as i know the buzzer is behind the speedo and rev counters, you have to remove the whole thing to get at it, check out the australian toyota forum for a guide on how to do it.

Zuban said:

as far as i know the buzzer is behind the speedo and rev counters, you have to remove the whole thing to get at it, check out the australian toyota forum for a guide on how to do it.

That's what I feared!!! When I had half the dash out to check out how to install a new head unit I figured that's where the sound was coming from!!! Mod edit: :crybaby:

There is no need to find the beeper in the dash as far as the safety belts are concerned.

There is a specific procedure to silence the safety belt beeper.

If anybody interested let me know

yep i olso have don,t to disconnect the safetybelt beeper thats much better now

OK then, here it goes:

1) Seat on the driver's side. The passenger's seat shoulb be also occupied.

2) Insert key and turn to ON

3) Set the trip/ODO display to ODO (not trip A or trip B). If it is already in the ODO mode, you’ll need to cycle through the options until you reach Odometer again.

4) Release the button.

5) Press and hold the button again and while you still holding the button start the engine. Keep pressing the button.

6) Count exactly 14 seconds.

7) Buckle the driver's seatbelt

8) If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

9) Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode

10) Wait till the display changes back to ODO

11) Done

Now the beeper does not operate.

This procedure was carried out sucessfully to a 2005 Toyota Corolla TS ZZE123L.

Can't wait to try this out!!! Thanks for the help...

which models are that safety belt beper? I thought that this is the CTS speciality only, but G6R has 1.6 ..

I'm buzzed only when

-driver's door is open and the key is in ignition

-the lights are on with opened doors without started engine

no seat belt warning

may be this is case of facelifted models.. ?

syele, how the heck do you find that out?

Well I tried it about 20 times lastnight and it didn't work! My hopes dashed! :(

OK then, here it goes:

3) Set the trip/ODO display to ODO (not trip A or trip B). If it is already in the ODO mode, you’ll need to cycle through the options until you reach Odometer again.

4) Release the button.

5) Press and hold the button again and while you still holding the button start the engine. Keep pressing the button.

8) If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

11) Done

I tried this about 20 times lastnight and could not get it to work. Can you please clarify a few things that may help?

1) While holding the button and starting the engine, how do you know when to start counting to 14!? Is it from the instant you turn the key, or when the engine is fully turned over or what? It's very hard to indentify exactly 14 seconds!!! :wacko:

2) Do you release the button before buckling the seatbelt?

3) Does the passenger have to be wearing his seatbelt?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

-Go and sit on the passengersseat

-put your key in an d turn it untill all lights are burning from the dash

-push the button from the ODO meter and holdit ( it has to stand on ODO meter)

-push button for atleast 30seconds

-than holdbutton and klick your safetybelt in the HOLDER ( driversseat)

-b-on comes on the dash ( where normaly your mileage stands)

-Let the button lose and push it again

-b-off apears on the dash

-get youre key out of the ignionair ( don,t now the right word for it )

try dis its from a dutch Toyotamechanic and this is the way i didit :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'll try that out tonight so! :)

G6-R, do you have any pics of your car with the TTE front bumper yet??? I'm dying to see it :drool:

Thanks! I'll try that out tonight so! :)

G6-R, do you have any pics of your car with the TTE front bumper yet??? I'm dying to see it :drool:

No i have to wait approx until the First of April to get my new Uppergrill when i have this i,am going to fit the grill and the TTE Kompressorfrontbumper a.s.a.p its already sprayed :yes:

OK then, here it goes:

4) Release the button.

11) Done

I tried this about 20 times lastnight and could not get it to work. Can you please clarify a few things that may help?

1) While holding the button and starting the engine, how do you know when to start counting to 14!? Is it from the instant you turn the key, or when the engine is fully turned over or what? It's very hard to indentify exactly 14 seconds!!! :wacko:

OK! First u have to be very precise about the 14 sec part. The time starts counting from the moment the engine runs. If you cant make it work, do the start of the engine within 5 sec from the time you pressed the button.

I will do it again during the weekend to spot any discepancies in the procedure and I will let you know.

As for the question where the heck did I find it out, well, God moves in a mysterious way :)

OK then, here it goes:

4) Release the button.

11) Done

OK! First u have to be very precise about the 14 sec part. The time starts counting from the moment the engine runs. If you cant make it work, do the start of the engine within 5 sec from the time you pressed the button.

I will do it again during the weekend to spot any discepancies in the procedure and I will let you know.

As for the question where the heck did I find it out, well, God moves in a mysterious way :)

Right, I don't know how but I got it to work! :D I thought it would cancel the bleeper for reverse gear and keys in ignition etc as well, but it only cancels the seatbelt buzzer :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links