Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Clutch/gear Problem

Lil_Aty

I have had a problem with my celica TA40 (1981) clutch/gearbox?.

I was driving along at about 30-40 mph and suddenly the clutch pedal started dropping as i was trying to change gears they also became hard to change. I decided to pull over and check what the problem was. once i stoppeed i started putting the car in and out of gears and eventually it became impossible to put in to a gear. i popped the bonnet to further investigate the problem and realised that the clutch fluid resevour was empty and there were sum signs of fluid dripping under the car. The car is still parked up as i have not rectified the problem anyone know what could be wrong as i am new to these cars and it could possibly be a common fault that someone could advise on

Thanks

I have had a problem with my celica TA40 (1981) clutch/gearbox?.

I was driving along at about 30-40 mph and suddenly the clutch pedal started dropping as i was trying to change gears they also became hard to change. I decided to pull over and check what the problem was. once i stoppeed i started putting the car in and out of gears and eventually it became impossible to put in to a gear. i popped the bonnet to further investigate the problem and realised that the clutch fluid resevour was empty and there were sum signs of fluid dripping under the car. The car is still parked up as i have not rectified the problem anyone know what could be wrong as i am new to these cars and it could possibly be a common fault that someone could advise on

Thanks

I'm thinking the clutch slave cylinder down by the trany has a leak. Depending on how bad the leak is, you may be able to fill the resivore with fluid. find the slave cylinder, it has a bleader screw on it. Have some one press the clutch peddle to the floor, they have to hold it there, while they hold it, you loosen the bleader screw. Air and stuff should puff-spirt-shoot out. Now tighten the bleader, tell the person in the truck it's ok to replease the clutch. Now have them push it back in and hold it, you blead, tighten, they release. Do that till only fluid comes out when you turn the bleader.

It should be good for a few shifts now. It is leaking and the time it will work is limited. But you can get it back home if your not too far Most Likely. I would suggest you have the person in the truck work the peddle a few times as you watch for the leak. If it's a big leak, you may not make it anywhere.

Good Luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links