• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmarshall

• R6TH M

• seveer unaek

• Woody27

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was reading the K&N typhoon instructions how tofit it to the yaris on the k&n website last nite and it seems like a real pain in the behind to fit?? Is the apexi easier to fit?

whats all this craic about removing arch liners n all? looks complicated compared to what the 57i was on the clio! lol

Well i must have invented a new way, just lie the filter on the base plate at the bottom, feed the tubing down and connect in place then reach down and attach the filter, its dead easy :thumbsup:

I emailed K&n asking if it was a wet or dry filter on the typhoon, this was their reply..

"Hello

Thank you for your enquiry. The filter material is cotton gauze (4

layers) which is sandwiched between coated aluminium mesh. The material

is oil impregnated with a pure mineral oil which is specific to K&N.

Regards

Don Marshall"

Just as I thought, every K&N that I have ever seen is oiled (from the factory) and I didn't think they'd changed it just for the Yaris! :thumbsup:

ahh sock it i will worry about the oil when it needs a clean, you were right ryan :lol:

so yeah envy system wins :P

Because of a bit of oil application after you clean it :rolleyes:

so yeah envy system wins :P

Because of a bit of oil application after you clean it :rolleyes:

Yeah and cheaper and No possible MAF sensor error like oiling can give. Also a jap product. :P

• 5 months later...

Right... so to get better air-intake to the engine and a better flow they put an extra bend in the pipe?? Makes perfect sense.

K&N's suck monkey nuts, in every way. Have a look on any decent car forum... K&N's are always rated worst... they have poor filtration and the element needs cleaning every 6 months or it ends up clogging your intake, your MAF and if left for a while your inlet manifold.

Also, the panel filters are crap too... have a look in Banzai... the guy with the Colt fitted one and it reduced power, added no noise and coast £40 for the pleasure!

K&N induction kits make nice noises, that's it. Hence why every saxo and nova boy has one...

'It gives it that deep induction suck innit.'

Sorry mate but ur talkin wet! Ive purchased one and rated it myself for the 4 months ive had it. Obvious difference in power bottom end and top end.

DONT KNOCK IT TIL UVE TRIED IT!

That'll be the Placebo Effect kicking it. Important thing to factor in when you fit an induction kit. I think the K&N kits have a particularly high rating iirc...

:thumbsup:

A

Sorry mate but ur talkin wet! Ive purchased one and rated it myself for the 4 months ive had it. Obvious difference in power bottom end and top end.

DONT KNOCK IT TIL UVE TRIED IT!

Don't need to try it... I've got an Apexi and it beats it... by a mile.