Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereos That Play Mp3 Players

danny6684

I would really find it helpful if anyone has added a car stereo to their yaris that they can play their mp3 player through?

Was going to go for an adapter but by the time i paid for fitting etc, it came to quite a bit.

If so can you tell me what stereo you went for and are you happy with it, like can u control it through the stereo if its not an ipod, or sound etc.

Would appreciate anyones help

Thanks a lot

I put a JVC cd/mp3 player in mine, 25 X 4 watts rms With a couple of red and silver sony eliptical Speakers

which sounds auwseome. Not sure if you could plug in an ipod or memory stick in it though.

But you can store 200 tunes on a cd if they are in mp3 format.

Chris.

Any HU with an AUX in can be used to connect to any audio device with a 3.5mm jack (headphone socket) To control the MP3 player itself you have to look into more expensive HU thats are Ipod compatible that can have ipod adapters that sit your ipod in a cradle making it possible to control it through the stereo (as far as im aware) They only make these Units for Ipods though due to their mainstreamness!

Best bet is HU with AUX input! Many HU come with these now-a-days so just have a look around for one you like with this feature. Then get an RCA to 3.5mm jack cable and your laughing :D

Was going to go for an adapter but by the time i paid for fitting etc, it came to quite a bit.

What adapter was you after?

Try doing a search on here for the 'Connects 2' - it's £50 from Hellfrauds and can be fitted by yourself as it's a doddle :thumbsup:

It may seem expensive but it's cheaper than a new HU

I think I may go for an adapter if i cant control my mp3 player through the unit. Do you know how to fit it in? Thanks for your reply.

I think I may go for an adapter if i cant control my mp3 player through the unit. Do you know how to fit it in? Thanks for your reply.

With the Connects 2 you can't control the unit by the dash controls ....... im not sure if you can do it with a normal HU.

I don't know but im sure somebody will be along and let you know :thumbsup:

From what I can tell...

Some places sell a specific iPod adaptor for certain head units. They might allow you to control the iPod from the HU. I didn't look into this much though because I've got a Creative Labs mp3 player.

HUs with aux ins - it seems like most Blaupunkt HUs can support aux inputs with a £10 cable, I think it uses the CD changer interface though so you can't have both. There's also a JVC one (VC KD-G611 and G612) and the Sony CDX-GT200. Bearing in mind that I was looking at the cheapest HU with aux inputs, there probably lots more higher end ones.

The other option is an FM transmitter thingy. I got one of the from eBay on the weekend and it works pretty well. Mine has a USB port to play stuff from a USB pen drive too which is cool. It may not be great if you want really good sound quality but it's equivalent to FM radio quality.

And there's also the Connects 2 interface which I didn't look into much because I thought if I'm going to spend £50 on an adaptor, I might as well spend £90 on a new HU.

Hope that's some help!

From what I can tell...

Some places sell a specific iPod adaptor for certain head units. They might allow you to control the iPod from the HU. I didn't look into this much though because I've got a Creative Labs mp3 player.

HUs with aux ins - it seems like most Blaupunkt HUs can support aux inputs with a £10 cable, I think it uses the CD changer interface though so you can't have both. There's also a JVC one (VC KD-G611 and G612) and the Sony CDX-GT200. Bearing in mind that I was looking at the cheapest HU with aux inputs, there probably lots more higher end ones.

The other option is an FM transmitter thingy. I got one of the from ebay on the weekend and it works pretty well. Mine has a USB port to play stuff from a USB pen drive too which is cool. It may not be great if you want really good sound quality but it's equivalent to FM radio quality.

And there's also the Connects 2 interface which I didn't look into much because I thought if I'm going to spend £50 on an adaptor, I might as well spend £90 on a new HU.

Hope that's some help!

Hi

Could you let me have the name of the FM Transmitter thingy you bought from eBay? Very keen to get a reasonable FM transmitter.

Cheers Binkie

Hiya,

I've just used a IP-BUS Aux Cable to plug my mp3 player

into my CD player so I can play it through the head unit. My headunit is a pioneer one and the lead was £20 from Car Audio Direct. The sound quality is really good, but you can't control the mp3 player through the head unit (i tend to just put mine on random).

Tara :)

To control the mp3 player through the unit it must have some other connection to the mp3 player other than an AUX input, as there is no method of the two devices communicating with each other.

I might be wrong but the only type of mp3 player capable of being used/controlled with the HU is an Ipod using the Dension Kit -Linky

As well as an FM transmitter there is another device that will allow you to connect your mp3 player to your HU and play your songs at CD quality. It's called the 'Connects 2' and can be brought from Halfords for £50 - if you want anymore info including fitting use the search function on the forum :thumbsup:

Dave as far as im aware you are right that only ipods can be controlled through selected HeadUnits. All other MP3's can be connected up via Connect2 adapter (For factory Unit) Or a HU with an AUX input or an AUX input adapter (The IP Bus Connector) (aftermarket HU)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links