Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towing With An Avensis

Carp Stalker

Hi Again peeps

Do any of you tow a caravan with a D4D Avenis Saloon or hatchback? i got rid of my ageing petrol guzzling swb shogun.

i would be intrested in any comments or advice you have

The sort of info i'm after is mpg stability ect

Hi Again peeps

Do any of you tow a caravan with a D4D Avenis Saloon or hatchback? i got rid of my ageing petrol guzzling swb shogun.

i would be intrested in any comments or advice you have

The sort of info i'm after is mpg stability ect

Hi,

I haven't got a D4D, but I tow quite happily with a '52 plate 1.8 vvti. My van must be in the order of 1100Kg, so just inside the 85% rule for the car's kerbweight. It has an Alko AKS2004 stabiliser fitted and I have never had any stability problems. Being front wheel drive, traction can be a problem in the wet pulling away on an incline, and I expect muddy fields might be a problem, but wet grass has not presented any issues. I expect the D4D will give better performance when hill-climbing and the extra weight should make it even more stable and improve traction over the 1.8 vvti.

I tried to find a D4D secondhand when I bought my Avensis, but found that decent examples with reasonable mileage is like looking for the proverbial rocking horse do-do! Buy new or pre-registered if you can afford it and save all the bother!

good luck!

Dave