Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Sportivo (oz)

2ZZ-GE Sportivo

Hi all,

I have recently (4 weeks ago) purchased the Corolla Sportivo, AKA T-Sport.

I haven't yet recieved the car, as the South african built 'sportivo' is still on its way by ship.

I have drivin the car by myself for about 20mins before I bought it. Its fast.... very fast for a 1.8L with no help from a forced induction kit.

I'd like to know from you guys; how fast is the CTS 0-100km?? And how much does your CTS weigh?

Toyota Australia claims 8.4 sec dash to 100kmp/h and 16.1sec down the quater.... 8.21sec & 16.0 sec has already been achieved by our loacal motor magazine reviews, with a bone stock Corolla Sportivo + full leather + 5 doors (1224 kg). It feels quicker.......

I day dream about climbing into the drivers seat...

Thanks Guys!!!

Daniel - Melb / Austrailia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• srr

• 2ZZ-GE Sportivo

• lucio_libre

• peekay34

Hi there, enjoy your car!

Well, I think it is explicit that our favorite nameplate has pulled a little marketing trick here... It could've been quite hazardous to launch the TS as a model which is as quick as the Celica(since we´re talking different target groups here), though common sense dictates that a 1220kgr car with a 192HP engine will definitely fall within the 7.1-7.9sec zone, unless some stupid mistake has been made with the gear box (as with the focus STi, 170HP, which could've been much quicker.) The TS has been tested by two major Greek car magazines and they have done 7.4 and 7.6 at the

0-100km/h task. 8.4 is out of the question. That is the performance of a stock peugeot rallye.

about the weight Toyota gives 1200+ kg but a friend saw over 1300kg for a sedan 1.4

i dont know if the sedan is so much heavier than the hatchback

Chris,

Funny you mention that the CTS (sportivo) may have pulled a marketing stunt...

Seeing that the generic 100kw corolla here runs between 9sec - 9.5sec to 100kmp/h & 16.2 for the Q/mile, in the manual version (1150 kg) AND the sportivo with tuned suspension, gripy rubber, close ratio 6-speed and 42HP more only puts on 60kg??!! It has to be quicker than toyota's claims...

Also, we don't get a sedan in OZ, only a 6-speed hatch fully loaded.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

I believe our cars will arive together on the same ship mate :D . Mine is black and i ordered it about 4 weeks ago. I havent driven the sportivo as they didnt have one at Rick Wolaney toyota(werribee), but i brought it anyway since i received 21% off through my mum being a toyota employee, and the figures looked pretty good considering i paid under $25K on road for a brand new car. Let me know when you get it and what mods are you intending to do. Cheers

Hi Daniel

I believe our cars will arive together on the same ship mate :D . Mine is black and i ordered it about 4 weeks ago. I havent driven the sportivo as they didnt have one at Rick Wolaney toyota(werribee), but i brought it anyway since i received 21% off through my mum being a toyota employee, and the figures looked pretty good considering i paid under $25K on road for a brand new car. Let me know when you get it and what mods are you intending to do. Cheers

G'day lucio_libre,

I have received the 21% treatment aswell, i paid around 23.5k from Melbourne City toyota. I didn't test drive it till a week after purchasing. I went to Brighton toyota and took one for a drive (BY MYSELF) for 15-20 mins. It rocked!

Also, the clock read 230 or sumthin, so the car was still tight, and I was still over pleased. And I have driven a varitey of pocket rocket cars.

Im happy to hear you bought the corolla sportivo, its a great choice! Especially with 21% off and no dealer delivery cost.

Oh, and black paint as well... we are in for a wait.. another 4 weeks I say atleast. Remember, we didn't pay full price, so the car magically takes it's time..

I have no car at the moment so im hanging to get it...

I have no plans for mods, cause most of the power is alreadly Squeezed out. But I will invest in a monster Tacho, not cause im some rice boy, but because the stock rev tacho isn't large enough to get gear changes as accurate as possible. I find I don't know excatly where to shift to get the needle to land above 6000rpm...

Congrats on the car!

-----------------------------------

Daniel

Thanx mate, thats awesome.

I rang the offices of Toyota and they told me the batch number is made, meaning they have started production on it, and it takes another 3 weeks or so for the ship to arrive, but Toyota told me another 1 to 2 months wait. The discount is awesome and i'm glad i waited for it as i was 99% ready to buy the Levin in December last year ( for $21500) until I read the Wheels mag, which had a Hot Corolla heading down under :D. I cant wait to drive it either, im driving a 5spd Echo(Yaris for all you poms). I had a wagon Conquest corolla for a month, and it was pretty good, although auto i still got it to 180km'h without sweat. It's what hooked me on the corollas. The clock reads 240, but our ones get up to 215kph, In Europe 225kph. The car is awesome except for the rims. Although okay, i want to put 17's or 18's and lowering is a must. The dealerhip told me the car already comes with a stainless steel exhaust, is that a fact or was he bul****ting me?

Keep in touch Dan, Cheers Mate

The car is awesome except for the rims. Although okay, i want to put 17's or 18's and lowering is a must. The dealerhip told me the car already comes with a stainless steel exhaust, is that a fact or was he bul****ting me?

Keep in touch Dan, Cheers Mate

Dunno about the stainless (I will find out), but your car comes with 2inch exhaust pipeing all the way through, with a nice finish at the rear with chrome tail pipe.

I plan to install an LSD after a few months of driving, hopefully it will carry more corner speed. In wet conditions, the corolla breaks traction in lift easy, an LSD should tame it.

I got a call from toyota yesterday morning, they said my car is in production and will take around 2 weeks to get here after that. So i expect the car before the 3rd week in August. - It's hell waiting I might add...

-----------------------------

daniel

:( you guys are lucky. with all this talk about 21% discounts, i feel like i got ripped off paying $33,400 ..... but GOODLUCK to you guys :D

just out of curiosity, what type of job and for how long do you need to work at toyota to be eligable for this discount?

Spiz.

Don't feel bad Spiz....I shelled out A$11K cash plus got A$22K for my 2001 Corolla Levin trade for an all up A$33K

We don't need anyone's help to get ours :P But like you said, goodluck if you can get a 21% discount. Think of all the extras you can get with the savings...... :drool:

Take a look at the prices on the British Toyota site for their 5 door CTS. 17500 pounds with the leather pack equates to A$42K

Putting it that way, we still got a bargain! :thumbsup:

David

(first post!)

Hi everyone...especially the ppl from Oz...:)

I am in Sydney..I also ordered a Black Sportivo today...there was a white one which was BRAND new (the plastic which covers the seat is not off) that I test drove, its awesome.. :)

I am just a newbie with Manual....(one week) but I asked the salesperson to show me what he can do from 0-100... and its quite fast and stable...:)

The dealer said I have to wait 10 days for the car to arrive, but I am abit skeptical...cos I asked alot of other dealers and they said....more than a month...

But I can wait..:)))

Also..did u guys order rust and paint protection ?!

G'day to all :yes: , hi iam a newbie and from Sydney Austraila, i also brought a new corolla sportivo black about 4weeks ago and they told me the wait was about mid to late August, the dealer call me the nexts day and said if u wanted a silver or white color one u get it in two to three weeks, but the black is about a 2month wait :unsure: , i told him it is ok but i didn't like it, i itry asking another dealer and they said it is all sold out :eek: , about the paint protection and rush proving i can't be bother to put it on because it is a rip off, if you live near the beach than yes but if not dont bother, just paint protection.

Oh no.....that means the next 1-2 months is going to be hell for me....

i cant wait till i get it...:(

hey guys I was just browsing the net trying to find any other owners of the Corolla Sportivo. Can't believe the wait times you guys have on delivery. When I was doing the deal on mine I thought the salesman was just BS'in me... :blink:

Anywayz, I ordered a black Sportivo last Saturday (19/7/2003) and received the car yesterday (25/7/2003) :D

I got mine with floormatts and the paint/seat protection stuff too. So far I've driven about 250kms in the last day and a half! It's really a sweet ride, I've read some not so nice reviews of the car but all I can say is its effortless to drive and is alot better then the Astra's. My last car (99' 1.5L lancer coupe) was good when I bought it brand new when I was 18... but the Corolla is just another level of driving!! :thumbsup:

OMG 21% discount :crybaby: & I thought I did alright doin the deal for $31,000.

The car feels pretty quick.. I've been very tame whilst driving so far, I'll start to rev it out after it gets it's first service. My first hoon test was today - I was just driving on the highway and I had to slow to 90. This commy got right up my ***** for doing the speed limit. SO I dropped it into 3rd ran it out to 7k RPM and slipped into 4th and was close to 150kmp/h in a split second. :drool:

I'll post some photo's of my car tomorrow when the suns up.

Hey *mcd* where abouts are you ??? I brought mine for 32k....:((( damn i knew we could of talk it down for a bit more.

haha...everyone on this board from Oz has a Black sportivo...:)

howdy folks,

Yet another from Sydney who happened to pick up his Silver Sportivo :D Thought I'd add some colour to Sportivo world out there on the streets, no offence to the "black" owners :P

Mods...well there's not a great deal yet. I've been checking out Matrix/Celica sites in the US as they get the TRD CAI but we don't which is a shame, and the exhaust. Apparently there is a car show or the like and TRD will release more products in around September. Could be wrong so don't crucify me.

Went straight from the dealer to look at some wheels as the stockies look.................feminine(typo?). Want an exhaust and Eibach springs and if it looks like this I'll be happy http://www.c-one.co.jp/C-ONEPARTS/runx_allex.html

Later

D.

Hey *mcd* where abouts are you ??? I brought mine for 32k....:((( damn i knew we could of talk it down for a bit more.

haha...everyone on this board from Oz has a Black sportivo...:)

I live Brisbane southside and happy to say that I havn't seen another Corolla Sportivo on the road at all... B)

Hey guys, nice to hear about the sportivo owners out there, i just kinda hope not alot of people will buy this car, it will loose its value too quick. *mcd* i cant believe you got yours soo damn quick Ive been waiting for 5 weeks now man. Suchislife.......you just have to go black simply because the red looks kinda cheap, the silver doesent suit a sporty car and the blue is kinda dull, but the black......well it shines like a nubian princess :D. When you guys get some pics post them please. WHo is going to lower their ride and put rims? And to get the discount you need to work at Toyota for more than one year(i think).Mum's been there for 15 years so she gets lifetime discount :thumbsup:

Cheers

:) Hey mcd is the $31k price u payed for the corolla sportivo includes paint/rust/sound/interior protection package or is it without the package :help:

Hi fellow aussie sportivio Guys. Just to let you know I also own a sportivo red in colour. I also got the discount. I had mine 3 days after they were released. Some of the mods so far are I have changed the stereo to JVC MP3 player and Blaupunkt Sub in Box . And have added the rear sportivio skirt, grille and pedals. I have also added cruise control and a Foam ITG racing filter. Re prformance yes it is good but mine is about to get better. Powerchip in South Melbourne are in the process of using my car,as a prototype to boost the KW and torque. It will be fitted and have a Dyno run this week. If you are interested in the outcome let me know. They are at www.powerchip.com.au :eek: Also Penrith Toyota have told me that the Altezza lights should me available for these cars later on this year.

hey peekay34, I thought you cant get those sportivo accessories cos on corolla.toyota.com.au the rear skirt and grill is not for sportivo model

http://www.corolla.toyota.com.au/Corolla/P...6-37-30,00.html

also did you do the headunit installation urself ? cos I am planning to change my headunit as well...and then later change Speakers, amp and sub.

Do you have any pic of your car ?? cos i want to see what it looks like with the rear skiry and the front grill..:)