Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Sportivo (oz)

2ZZ-GE Sportivo

Awesome peekay34.....let us know how the chip performs mate, and the price.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• srr

• 2ZZ-GE Sportivo

• lucio_libre

• peekay34

SRR the sportivo parts sold from Toyota do fit the car across all Corolla models (current model range anyway) , I have no idea why Toyota did not fit them as standard. Mine has a towbar fitted so the body shop who did the job made a few changes to the skirt so it would fit around it, but other wise no prbs to fit. As it was only done last week I don't have a photo yet as the car is at Powerchip getting the mod done to get more performance :drool: . I should have it back in a day or two after that I can post a photo then if you are interested. :blink:

And will post how well it performs and also get a price.

The Stereo I had it fitted at JB Hifi at Highpoint cost was $45 dollars cheap enough so I could not be bothered fitting it. If you do it your self be carefull pulling out the radio as damaging the control panel for the aircon assemby is done quite easily. I had to replace mine on the last Corolla I had as it was scratched by the person who fitted it. But it is easy to do. I also added a 4 disk holder for cd's. If i use mp3s this would give me enough music for approx 20 hrs. That unit is available at Autobahn and costs approx 80 or so dollars (JIN size. The only problem with Corollas is that the radio surround can't be used as the hole size is odd and won't allow it to be fitted. I have a motorised face on the radio so I have it pop out slightly so it does not look to bad. The sub wiring I did my self that took about 45 mins from a pre-made loom which was out of my last Corolla (same shape as the current Corolla). The Speakers are easy enough to replace in the doors just be care full with the arm rest section when you pull the covers off it to get to the screws they break quite easily. Also you will need spacers. I won't be replacing the door Speakers they a good enough for me anyway. The sub I have is the twin 8's with Digital amp a picture of the box can be seen here http://www.my-blaupunkt.com/acatalog/www_m...sboxes__41.html

the unit is the VRB 8a, I used to have a kicker sub and amp but they took up to much roomin the back of the car. The blaupunkt sub performs just as well and is half the size of the last box (well almost). :rolleyes:

another question for peekay34,

does the muffler or exhaust pipe tip need to be modified if the rear skirt is fitted?

best regards,

Spiz.

Toyota's crazy advertising ovibously worked..

Hello to all new Corolla Sportivo oweners, enjoy your ride..

How many of you from Melb?

-----------------------------

Daniel

Yes the exhaust tip needs to be bent down to miss the plastic as the exhaust fumes would hit the plastic which is not good.

Maybe we should get all melb sportivos/corollas together

The powerchip thing did not work out yet. Unfortunitly the add on box will not work, There is another box they can supply but is very expensive (over 2 grand). They are working on another source for the black box which would make them more affordable....watch this space for any updates

:D I just picked up my BLACK hehe Sportivo in Friday. i had to wait 4 weeks, then extra cause i had 17" chromes put on and the rear skirt. the dealer had to modify the exhaust tip to stop it from burning the rear skirt. anyway its so awsome and worth the 4 weeks wait, no i need to run it in before i have some seroius fun.

what is everyones idea on running a car in. be gently or drive it like u stole it? :arrgg-matey:

I think when i get mine......I will drive it gently...but every now and then give it some revs..:)))

this waiting period is killing me...... :angry:

this waiting period is killing me...... :angry:

The wait is too long...

I have another 3-4weeks to go..

yeah me too....they call me this morning saying another 1 month ....... :( :angry::crybaby:

where bouts you from?

I from Melb..

This waiting is making me go :ffs: , but i know its worth the wait. I got a quote for a Unichip fully installed and dynoed for $1490. I still havent seen a black one on the road yet.

:eek: Hi Guys, new to the group. I just bought one in White for 31 last thursday. I test drove the car at Parramatta Sydney, Just wondering how much people paid for the Protection packs ?? I've been told my one will be here within the next two weeks (On the boat and the only white, I'm guessing an unpopular colour). If the exhaust is 2inch all the way through then I probably won't change it for a while. I've heard that the breathing at the front through the filter can be improved and that new springs would definitely tighten up the car, as they left the original Levin springs on and only increased the dampening by 40%. The best Australian 0-100km/h time I've read about is from Wheels at 8.21 secs.

If anyone has details on the protection pack, could you please let me know, thanks.

P.S. Congratulations to everyone who bought a new CTS, If you see a white one on the raod say high :) I think I'll be the only one.

hey Bu][et .... i got a white one as well.. =)

Should be ready this week.

I cant wait for the black one any longer.

hey mcd im in Brisbane 2 but i had to wait 4 weeks casue i got the black. i got a really good trade so i was happy, then i got the rear skirt and 17' chromes and in total it came to $33k. but i m happy :rolleyes:

got to get used to the power, some times it feels like a big kick some times its not then noticable.

Hey Guys, new member here.

Iv got a 93 celica (auto)which has has done me well for the last year but i cant resist the urge to buy a new black sportivo(even if it means a $20000 loan from the bloodsuckers!)

Anyways was just introducing myself and was wondering if anyone has any cool pics of their sportivo could they send them to chad@seiko.com.au. And also if anyone knows any cool sites for info on the sportivo apart from the toyota one.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Chad

Hey Srr my name's Drew, What dealer you getting it from ? do you know if the Protection pack comes standard?? What are you planning to change ? I still haven't received an official time on my car yet though. I've been told that it is on a ship due in this month (SOMETIME!) I couldn't sleep last night while watching the F1, I want my car. :thumbsup:

.......was just introducing myself and was wondering if anyone has any cool pics of their sportivo could they send them to chad@seiko.com.au. And also if anyone knows any cool sites for info on the sportivo apart from the toyota one.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Chad

G'day Chad,

Welcome.

Good to see your intrest in the car, if you have any questions just ask them here, that's probably the best way to find answers. As there is little information about the OZ spec corolla on the internet (cause its new), this site has quite alot of info so far. When my ride comes i will get some pics, but I plan to have some in-car video on some awsome streets I know near by.

Check out best motoring videos...5,6 and 7 they have the 2zzge mill kickin *****.

[et' date=Aug 4 2003, 12:21 PM]

Hey Srr my name's Drew, What dealer you getting it from ? do you know if the Protection pack comes standard?? What are you planning to change ? I still haven't received an official time on my car yet though. I've been told that it is on a ship due in this month (SOMETIME!) I couldn't sleep last night while watching the F1, I want my car. :thumbsup:

Hi Drew, My name is Ray...Got it from Phil Gibert, I only got tinted windows, protection pack doesnt come as standard... I think my first change would be car headlights ??? hahha...I like those whiter ones.. and then car audio....HU,amp,sub and Speakers..and then..i am not sure...

i want to lower the car...but i dont know if that will void warranty...and plus I am a newbie with manual...just learned for 1 week before going to test drive the corolla, so I think i should get used to the power and handling first. anyway I will be getting my car thursday..=) so if u see me on the road...*wave*

To all you guys out there I think the Red Sportivo looks the best. I have installed the Grille and Rear Skirt and they look great. I also had the exsiting exhaust modified. I now have two chrome exhaust pipes one either side of the back of the car. Looks great and keeps people guessing. :eek:

Thanks 2zzge sportivo.

Heres my first question for all you guys. :help:

Im !Removed! jealous of this 21% discount thing. Is anyone out there willing to help me get the 21% discount if i throw a thousand dollars cash your way??????

Not expecting much but hell its worth a try!!! :D

ET 1/4 mile 14.150 s @ 101.94 mph

60´ 2.337s

330´ 6.251s

1/8m 9.352s @ 82.20mph

1000´11.959

60mph 6.391

nice uhhh?

Thanks 2zzge sportivo.

Heres my first question for all you guys. :help:

Im !Removed! jealous of this 21% discount thing. Is anyone out there willing to help me get the 21% discount if i throw a thousand dollars cash your way??????

Not expecting much but hell its worth a try!!! :D

Chad,

It's not that easy.

Toyota employee's who are working for toyota for a while (not including salesman) receive a 21% discount on a new vehicle purchase.

Now, there are conditions. Strict conditions.

If you purchase a car you have to be aware of the following:

-You may only be able to purchase 1-3 cars per finacial year

-You must prove who the car is for

-The car is to be registed under the employee's name or family member only

-If it is for a family member you must prove this

-You don not pay dealer delivery fee (on road cost - $1000+)

The car is still a steal for $29,990 regardless...

21% is kinda cool though, save close to 10K.. But I probably gone for something different if I paid full price, it was the price that got me interested first...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Daniel