Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Will The Power Output Of A 3sge Engine Be?

Cexy_Ratt

its a standard 91 celica gti .. no cat as standard, doesnt need one for MOT

whats the BHP at wheel , fly etc any info much apreciated :(

Also looking into perhaps getting the celica remapped for some power, or is this the wrong way to go about this ? any advice, on how to increase the power of the car please

I think its about 155bhp ish? Sorry thats not to detailed, I'm sure somone will have more info.

These are the figures for the gen 6 3SGE:

GTPerformance.gif

I think if there's one thing that might show, is that you need to work the gears and rev it hard for the bulk of the power.

Where does the gen 5 GT redline? It might be a similar graph to above but with a drop-off earlier in the rev range.

For the Gen2 (ST18*) 3sGe you'd have been looking at a *whopping* 155bhp out the factory ..

And that's at the fly .. so about 130/140 at the wheels.

The above stats are for the Gen3 (ST20*) engine. Where they had about 20bhp more.

it doesnt really produce that much power then , i freind of my thinks his cav SRI will beat it hands down. I aint into racing but would like to tell him to ***** , lol..

best bet get a GT4 or do some mods?

They are pony .. the NA MR2 is a sheep in wolfs clothing.

"mods" wont doo that much. With the usual exhaust, filter, chip combo you'd be looking at 20bhp MAX ..

If you want a quick car, buy a quick car ;)

Just be thankful you ain't in a Vauxhall.

2.0i SRI= 115bhp minus however much it's deteriorated with age amplified by 10 because its a vauxall.

Not a hope, not in a straight line, not round a corner.

The 2.5L V6 was 170bhp.

it doesnt really produce that much power then , i freind of my thinks his cav SRI will beat it hands down. I aint into racing but would like to tell him to ***** , lol..

best bet get a GT4 or do some mods?

It'll be faster than a chavalier (just). Whatever you do, don't lower your standards by trying to race one though. :lol:

you have to love japanese squeezing of power from small engines!

I'd hardly say 155bhp out of a 2.0 is squeezing ;)

but then compared to a Vauxhall/Ford it's a totally different.

i will tell him, lol. dont know the car is tip top condition. I think i was expecting more from it, becuase i have never had a 2.0 litre. dont get me wrong its quick and once revved up goes like stonk,

i just get worried about the revs, as i seem to be goign up to 7 in 1,2,3 reguarly.

n

o smoke or owt, ( the car hasnt got any faults) , dunno might sell up and try and get a gt4 , i like the celica a lot

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links