Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water, Water Everywhere..........

gcopland

Davepi,

Still not resolved the problem with mine, water is still coming in and I still have no idea where from (although it is getting narrowed down). Next step is to stip all the trim off the inside and have a look when it's raining, given where the water is collecting it's really frustrating not to be able to see where the source is.

Hi

After pulling off some of the trim, I think I have determined that water is coming in between the inner and outer wing which really only leaves the rubber bump-stop which is screwed to the bodywork next to to the boot seal. If I dry out the cavity in between the inner and outer wing with a towel and them poor water down the channel next to the boot seal, I can feel the inner surface becoming wet just below the bump stop. Having taken it off, the rubber appears to have perished slightly where it mates with the car body surface. Although there does not seem to be a big enough gap for water penetrate, I tink this must be it. Will order a spare and fit and let you know if it works! Dam annoying though ain't it?

NB Use some lock-tight or similar on the threads of the screws if you replace yours.

cheers

Dave

don't forget to check the fuel filler pipe seal to the rear wing.

My boot is still dry after my fix about 9 months ago. Didn't replace the boot seal, I just removed it and turned it 180degrees before refitting. No sealant was used - I guess the seal must have deformed (not visible though) and was letting water in (in my case at the top next to the hinge where it got under the headlining and ran along to the rear quarterlight area and into the void between the inner and outer wings).

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

My boot is still dry after my fix about 9 months ago. Didn't replace the boot seal, I just removed it and turned it 180degrees before refitting. No sealant was used - I guess the seal must have deformed (not visible though) and was letting water in (in my case at the top next to the hinge where it got under the headlining and ran along to the rear quarterlight area and into the void between the inner and outer wings).

Good luck.

Having replaced the tailgate bump stop, it now looks as though water is getting in through the rubber seal that runs along the roof from the rear to the front. Trouble is, I can't work out how to remove it so that I can determine exactly where the problem is. Does anyone know how to remove this seal?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had this leaking issue for a bit of time but never minded. I did not have ant problem with spare wheel well. The leaking is only to jack apartment on the rear left side. But since several weeks ago, I noticed it was quite humid inside the car so I checked the boot. It was flooded, not only in hack apartment but also wheel well. I cleaned the car and refit back light assemlbes but still have the problem with jack apartment. I even use silicone to seal the gap between light assemble and car body but it was useless. So the leak must be somewhere up the boot. Although I did find where the leak is, I did find a solution to the leaking. This is only apply to the leaking to jack apartment. If you take out the jack, you should find a big hole on the side wall between outer wing and inner wing. Put your hand down into outer wing, you should find a rubber seal (about 20mm diameter) at the bottom of the wing. Take it out, the water would dis-appear.... to your driveway. This seal can be reached from outside as well (I actually did that). Put your had down to the bottom of boot, just under feul apartment. You should find the same seal. Take it out, you will be wet-handed.

Now I am not sure if this is a permanent solution or not. I would like to find where the leak is and seal it. Did I do any harm to my car? Any tips? :yes: