Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glanza V Bov

KiwiMR2

Have a Turbo XS H-RFL sitting in the draw left over from the MR2, thinking I might as well make use of it & put it onto the Glanza, just wondering where it usually get's mounted?? Some pic's if anyone has any :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Hey...

Don't really know the answer to your question but was just wondering.... Does a MR2 turbo fit straight onto a glanza? If so does that mean it fits on to the starlet gt aswell?

Thanx

Yeah Im talking about a BOV. However I have seen a few GT Starlets here in NZ (1990-1995) with the MR2 CT26 turbo, obviously not a straight fit but can be made to work, a CT20B on the Starlets would be nice B)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Yeh bet that would be nice....

I suppose a Turbo from a MR2, would hack more boost? Any idea what bar boost the Starlets you say running on a MR2 turbo are running at mate? Plus its probably easier and cheaper finiding an MR2 turbo than buying a Garret or something to increase boost? Iv also seen a Starlet thats got a MR2 clutch, which i also plan to apply to mine possibly?

Thank's guys B) I'll have to get under the hood and compare, looks like an easy fit.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

DSC02623.jpg

Looks a tad different.......I can see the pipe I could put it on but where would the two coming out of it go if I put the bov on??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

The big pipe on the bottom is the main pipe to the BOV so will go to your new one. The small pipe on the top left handside of the standard BOV is the vacuum line. This will connect to your aftermarked one. You can see it connected to the back of mine. The thicker pipe on the top right of the standard BOV is the engine breather. If you buy a specific starlet aftermarket BOV (e.g. HKS or Blitz) then they will come with a small adaptor that allows you to plumb the breather back into the intake. If you dont get a starlet specific one, then most people leave the standard BOV in place as a breather.

Hope this helps mate

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

I popped out in the dark and fitted it with some misc parts I had left over from the MR2.........took it for a spin & it works fine :)

Not as loud as I had hoped but it's running stock boost & Im used to the MR2 on 17 psi so it's ok. Bit funny on an auto though, have to time it etc. to get maximum venting ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links