Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav4

tomfraser

hi i test drove the new rav yesterday and it was awful,very slow,only had it out 5 mins when me and the wife just looked at each other and said lets take it back. has anyone else drove one...what are your thoughts?

well i can say i wont be wanting one of them :D

Hi guys, just joined the site from Lexus, i have traded my RX300 in for a smaller car and ordered the new Rav XT5 for delivery in 2 weeks. After reading the reviews on the Rav i wonder if i have made the right choice, surely the car can't be that bad can it, be interesting to read reviews from anybody who has purchased one.

hi i test drove the new rav yesterday and it was awful,very slow,only had it out 5 mins when me and the wife just looked at each other and said lets take it back. has anyone else drove one...what are your thoughts?

well i can say i wont be wanting one of them :D

Hi guys, just joined the site from Lexus, i have traded my RX300 in for a smaller car and ordered the new Rav XT5 for delivery in 2 weeks. After reading the reviews on the Rav i wonder if i have made the right choice, surely the car can't be that bad can it, be interesting to read reviews from anybody who has purchased one.

Easy, no the new RAV is not a bad car.. and I think you will love it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It takes a while for new models to settle... I'm sure in a few months we will be praising the new Model...

Everything is good apart from the rear door which puts some people off :!Removed!: :!Removed!: The T180 has a stonking D4D engine and should be a great car... Were have to wait to see them pit it against the new Freelander..... :P :P :P

I am still going to test drive the new RAV4. But I am going to wait as there is loads of new SUV coming out soon this year/start of next year Next Generation Honda CRV, Freelander and some new SUV's Chevrolet Captiva/Vauxhall Antara/Frontera, Mazda CX-7 (Maybe more Lexus RX competitor) VW Golf based SUV (Marrakesh/Beduin).

Worth a buy is the latest Whatcar mag (April) clearly some reader testers would not buy the new RAV4 due to design issues that have not been resolved even since the 2nd Generation RAV4 and others things that people have mentioned here like no automatic option for diesel engine, overpriced.

Also worth a read is over on the lexusownersclub.co.uk with the new IS220d which shares the same engine with the RAV4 T180 is the poor fuel economy, noisy engine when cold and poor gearing if a RAV4 T180 is something people are considering buying. Another thing to add Whatcar mag says the T180 has a firm ride due to the run flat tyres, This is expected due to the sidewalls of run flat tyres being much stiffer to be able to drive with a flat.

Wish I'd spotted this earlier, Parents are getting T180 in 3wks.

it's an improvement over their 8yr old Rav VX.

hopefully like the old one they'll do 5k a year too,

then I can get my mitts on it, :lol:

Is a RAV D4D a good buy? Facts: I bought a D4D 5 door base model 3 years ago for £17,500 new. Traded in 3 weeks ago for £11,200 with 18000 miles on the clock. This equates to 64% of my money back. Not bad I think .Never had a car before which gave me such a return on trade in after 3 years. :D :thumbsup: Everyone has their own idea of value for money of course. If money was no object I'd have a roller (my wife prefers the paint brush )

I noticed that when I first saw the car in the magazine at first I thought it was the updated RAV4. I think Suzuki will benefit more as a result of the New RAV4 the new Vitara’s looks are pretty good and the Diesel engine is not bad plus they have confirmed that they will launch the bigger petrol engine here as well, I won’t be surprised if Vitara does steal sales from the new RAV4.

The Suzuki is cheaper as well.

The looks of a RAV, a good Deisel engine, Bigger Petrol (V6 I think) could well steal some sales from Toyota...

Looked around a new shape one and the front takes some getting used too (remember the Subaru Bug eye's) not to all taste or die hard fans of the old RAV4 shape.... :eek:

Inside looks good but the price hike does not. My VX has all the gadgets and comforts I need but to upgrade to new version would be costly...... Waiting for the 2.2 D4D to be a demo so I can see what it feels like compared to my 2.0 D4D

Apparently the new Vitara is said to be using Mk2 Rav Parts for certain things, but looking inside it is very nice, but I don't know if I could come away from Toyota. But i do agree the new vitara could take some of the custom because of the 3 door. My mum was nearly tempted away but our local dealer managed to get her a brand new XT-R 3 Door '06 Plate' for this saturday so she changed her mind.

:P

Not a chance the Vitara uses any Mk2 RAV4 parts, Toyota have nothing to do with Suzuki.

Toyota will probably have a smaller SUV in their lineup in a few years time based on the recent Toyota Urban Cruiser concept car. Although it looks like a 3 Door it actually a 5 Door concept car, The rear door handle is hidden the body work which you can just see in the lower picture.

tf103201280x10248zf.jpg

concepttoyotaurbancruiserreara.jpg

Not a chance the Vitara uses any Mk2 RAV4 parts, Toyota have nothing to do with Suzuki.

Toyota will probably have a smaller SUV in their lineup in a few years time based on the recent Toyota Urban Cruiser concept car. Although it looks like a 3 Door it actually a 5 Door concept car, The rear door handle is hidden the body work which you can just see in the lower picture.

concept_Toyota_UrbanCruiser_frontangle_mfr_430.jpgconcept_Toyota_UrbanCruiser_rearangle_mfr_430.jpg

I can guarantee they are using Rav Parts, don't know what parts (certainly aint the week 1.6 engine that the vitara uses) but they deffo are using some Rav Parts. (Parents are friends with a fleet sales manager and he informed us, hence why we were looking at the Vitara)

As far as I know Toyota & Suzuki are neither partners nor do they have any Parts sharing agreement, and in fact the next Daihatsu Terios is actually based on the Mark 2 RAV4 parts and chassis and it's easy to see some of them on the car you can read more here about it.

I am sorry but that Fleet sales manager is talking total B.S. !!

Toyota do not share any parts with Suzuki they don't have any agreements or partnerships with Toyota. Suzuki does have major partnership with Automotive Manufacturer G.M. (General Motors) which began in 1981 which has resulted in several global agreements in product development, manufacturing and distribution. G.M. purchased 5% of Suzuki shares when the partnership began. In 1998 G.M. up's it share to a 10% share, 2001 shares up to 20.4%, Just this month G.M. reduced there shares to 3% because G.M.'s deepening financial problems that G.M. has.

In 2004 G.M. began an agreement to allow Suzuki to develop variants of the new GM-designed global V6 engine for use in future Suzuki vehicles which are used in the Vitara in North America and possibly later this year in Europe.

The new Suzuki Grand Vitara/Escudo uses Suzuki specific platform which is based loosely on the G.M. Theta platform and but it does use Theta componentry for the suspension. The new Vitara uses a unibody construction with a built-in ladder frame and it uses Suzuki's own 4WD system and V6 engine (G.M. based engine) the 1.9L Diesel engine in Europe is sourced from Renault and rest of parts are sourced from G.M. parts bin or made by Suzuki.

Not sure about the Suzuki 1.6L & 2.0L engine used in the new Vitara in Europe and other markets but it is probably a G.M. / Suzuki developed engine which is used in many other G.M. and Suzuki products.

Suzuki also owns 11% share of GM Daewoo Auto and Technology company in South Korea.

As prince points out the new Daihatsu Terios (Bego in Japan) and Toyota in Japan sell this model as the Toyota Rush uses parts from the MK2 RAV4. Toyota own a controlling 51% stake in Daihatsu and many Toyota's and Daihatsu's share many parts.

If you can show me otherwise I will gladlly accept that I am wrong and Suzuki does use Toyota parts.

As prince

I am sorry but that Fleet sales manager is talking total B.S. !!

Toyota do not share any parts with Suzuki they don't have any agreements or partnerships with Toyota. Suzuki does have major partnership with Automotive Manufacturer G.M. (General Motors) which began in 1981 which has resulted in several global agreements in product development, manufacturing and distribution. G.M. purchased 5% of Suzuki shares when the partnership began. In 1998 G.M. up's it share to a 10% share, 2001 shares up to 20.4%, Just this month G.M. reduced there shares to 3% because G.M.'s deepening financial problems that G.M. has.

In 2004 G.M. began an agreement to allow Suzuki to develop variants of the new GM-designed global V6 engine for use in future Suzuki vehicles which are used in the Vitara in North America and possibly later this year in Europe.

The new Suzuki Grand Vitara/Escudo uses Suzuki specific platform which is based loosely on the G.M. Theta platform and but it does use Theta componentry for the suspension. The new Vitara uses a unibody construction with a built-in ladder frame and it uses Suzuki's own 4WD system and V6 engine (G.M. based engine) the 1.9L Diesel engine in Europe is sourced from Renault and rest of parts are sourced from G.M. parts bin or made by Suzuki.

:drool: Yeah, but is the new rav any good. It can't be that bad as you can't get one till June, i was lucky to get hold of a cancelation. :thumbsup:

Not sure about the Suzuki 1.6L & 2.0L engine used in the new Vitara in Europe and other markets but it is probably a G.M. / Suzuki developed engine which is used in many other G.M. and Suzuki products.

Suzuki also owns 11% share of GM Daewoo Auto and Technology company in South Korea.

As prince points out the new Daihatsu Terios (Bego in Japan) and Toyota in Japan sell this model as the Toyota Rush uses parts from the MK2 RAV4. Toyota own a controlling 51% stake in Daihatsu and many Toyota's and Daihatsu's share many parts.

If you can show me otherwise I will gladlly accept that I am wrong and Suzuki does use Toyota parts.

As prince

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links