Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is A Fair Price?

Goldeneye243

I was wondering what people think would be an appropriate price for a 51 plate T sport with full leather and 57K miles?

I was wondering what people think would be an appropriate price for a 51 plate T sport with full leather and 57K miles?

£7000 ?

£7000 ?

i have just paid 7,500 for a 2002 51 plate with 47000 on the clock. i reckon 6,500 to 7000 is a fair price from a dealer. a grand less if you buy private. :thumbsup:

£7000 ?

i have just paid 7,500 for a 2002 51 plate with 47000 on the clock. i reckon 6,500 to 7000 is a fair price from a dealer. a grand less if you buy private. :thumbsup:

Sounds like mine might be a bit overpriced then.......

I will have a rethink.

Incidentally did the one you just bought have the leather interior?

I've seen 54 plates sell for less then 10k.. which narked me off. Paid 8K for a 2002 tsport 32K on the clock, about 8 months ago. Suprised any one still buys them after reading this forum though!!!

I paid £7800 with a years tax/mot/warranty etc for my 2003 (52 Plate) T-Sport with leather (38K Miles) 5 months ago - it was originally up for £8995 tho - this was at a toyota dealer...

Hello All,

I brought an 02 plate T-Sport from a Lexus dealership last November and paid £7995 for it. It only had 16k on the clock though. Most other T-Sports I looked at in the area were between £7.5k to £10K but this had the least miles on it while others did between 30-40K miles so I was happy with the price.

one in local dealer 51 plate leather 29000 miles with toyota warranty was 9000 now £7900.

Oh My god they only offered me £5600 for my tsport as part ex.42000 miles and leather

mind you it is going in about 4 weeks I want a change

• 2 weeks later...

looking at what u all paid i think i paid too much lol i dunno ?

from dealer , 53 plate , 30k , tinted windows , full leather , sport side skirts and twin tte zorst free mot for life , free tsport matts , and i paid 10k for her :blink:

from dealer , 53 plate , 30k , tinted windows , full leather , sport side skirts and twin tte zorst free mot for life , free tsport matts , and i paid 10k for her :blink:

i paid £10700 for 04 plate (face lift model) dark tinted windows.t sport mats, reversing sensors (our lass drives it ) 20000 on clock, full history,fitted car phone, 18 months toyota warranty

• 3 weeks later...

Planning on selling my 03 CTS, 3dr blue, 32k miles - part ex value from VW today is 7k

for a Golf GTi perhaps!? :yes:

yea.... i need more speed but still keeping the luxuries too. was considering the focus st..... but ford were messing up..and i really got fed up of explaing how and why i was considering spending 20k on a ford;-)

so its looking like a gti mk5.....

yea.... i need more speed but still keeping the luxuries too. was considering the focus st..... but ford were messing up..and i really got fed up of explaing how and why i was considering spending 20k on a ford;-)

so its looking like a gti mk5.....

You'll spend more than £20k by the time you get your luxuries though! :unsure:

As for the Focus ST... you can get them a fair bit cheaper than £20k on the net... even just check AutoTrader... £18,994 for a full spec ST-3 (in the gorgeous Performance Blue that I like!):

you dont want to hear the full story eg

-dealers delivery turning out to be 6 months if you are lucky...

-the spec keeps changing...

-faults with poor paint work, boots springing open when pressing the clutch etc

-ford just cant give definite answers about anything it seems. they are trying to prevent internet dealers from cashing in...

and best off all i got £1460 off the vw OTRP from a dealer;-)

I know, apperently this is impossible they say!

oh pooh... I have just advertised my O2 CTS for £7800... already turned down 2 offers for 6000 and 6500, should I be reconsidering these?

I thought thie price was reasonable given I paid £8500 from a dealer 6 months ago...

Cant fault the car... but now have to do lots of milage for work and its just not right putting 20k a year on a CTS...

Hi

Recently swopped my 53 reg 32,000 mile T Sport in against a Bmw 120d Se. I got £7,700 for mine & the new car for £19,495 including extras I had added (about £1,000 worth, it was built to my spec factory fresh). The local Bmw dealer wanted an extra £1,800 off me for the same car (so I went else were).

The T Sport is great when your mood for reving the bum off it :eek: . But it was let down in the end by electric 3.5 turns lock to lock power steering off the normal Corolla's (why didn't they put the Celica steering in :wacko: ?). Also the local Toyota dealer was hopeless (they didn't even know how to change the radio :ffs: )

I know Bmw's aren't perfect by some way (I've had one before), but due to sad personal reasons I needed a car which made me feel the best. It handles a lot better by a very long way & has proper hydraulic power steering.

Pb

:wacko:

What is my T Sport worth do you think with the mods listed below, mint condition, 6 months tax and 11,100 miles on the clock??? Just curious as my job may be leading me on another path where I would need a diesel car...

Hi K19 NEG

Most if not all cars are worth more second hand with no modifications (if someones tuned up a car, it usally means it been driven harder than one that has not :blink: ). You'll probably get more for it if it's standard & sell the extra bits off your self :huh: .

The only time you might get more is if the person looking on that day want's those sort of extras.

Even upgrading the radio to a much better one will make the car worth less (even if the stardard one is rubbish).

Pb

Hi K19 NEG

Most if not all cars are worth more second hand with no modifications (if someones tuned up a car, it usally means it been driven harder than one that has not :blink: ). You'll probably get more for it if it's standard & sell the extra bits off your self :huh: .

The only time you might get more is if the person looking on that day want's those sort of extras.

Even upgrading the radio to a much better one will make the car worth less (even if the stardard one is rubbish).

Pb

I see your point.... but if I was going to look at MY car I'd know straight away it hadn't been thrashed and that it's meticulously looked after :D

Well either way it'll be going into Toyota soon for a good going over to make sure none of the usual warranty items (i.e. clutch!!!) are cropping up and then I'll decide what to do once I see how much mileage I rack up at my new project... as jimsey said - I wouldn't want to run up 20k a year in my pride and joy, when I could use a company car instead and buy a cheaper car for fun... B)

i to may be changing career ! wopulkd mean driving to chiswick every day :(

but im hoping i could just buy a run about , cheap £500 quid jobby cos i really wouldnt wanna sell my cts after only having it 6 months !

i to may be changing career ! wopulkd mean driving to chiswick every day :(

but im hoping i could just buy a run about , cheap £500 quid jobby cos i really wouldnt wanna sell my cts after only having it 6 months !

i would keep the cts as "something for the weekend" as what the dealers offer you would make you sick. i agree with pb5 though a standard car may fetch more money even though yours looks mint k19, :thumbsup: ( i want that exhaust ) the young lads would kill for it, us more mature (ish ) would be a bit weary of it being driven to hard and as we all know of known clutch, gearbox, and lift pin problems, mind you you've still got warranty on it ( any problem with warranty with the induction kit on it ?) so that should help with the sale.(personally it's the induction kit that puts me off, but i'm a 44 year old moron what do i know)but remember all of you can spend thousands but right it off or get it stolen and it's bottom book value the poor insurance companies pay out. :ffs: