Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supra 3.0i Non Turbo Power Increace?

Mark_W

Hi all, im new here. Im the proud owner of a supra 3.0 (latest model), 1995. I was wondering if the throttlebody on the supra turbo engine is of a larger MM diameter, and if it is, would fitting it to my supra non turbo be of any benefit :)? thanks!

Also, could i ask what you guys reccomend to increace power in this little beast! lol, thx for everything :)

Not sure there is too much to be done without swapping in a Turbo'ed lump. on NA's it's hard to tune on a budget, especially where there are twin turbo lumps that just drop in.

Charlie (Karma Supra) should be along and tell you what's available.

Thanks for your fast reply, I was considering doing what you said, in terms of getting a turbo'd engine from another supra, but it seems really expensive. I have removed a cat from the exhaust system, added an air filter, and fitted a new exhaust. (I know its not that much....but i am trying :))

Again, thx for reply :)

did any of those mods make any difference?

i suspect they wont? and an induction kit will probably lose u lots of power :(

What oil are u running? 5W30 should give you a few extra BHP compared to most other (thicker weight) oils

also bypassing the throttle heater should give you some extra low down grunt.

ive done both these and did them on my celica also

AS far as I know they are the same...

It is possible to get a lot more power out of an N/a, but its very expensive!!!!!!!

I have seen 2jz-ge screamers, higher compression, different cams, and throttle bodies... They'll go like the clappers, and sound absolutely bonkers!!!!!! Be different too!

The other option isa bolt on super charger....