Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toad Vs Clifford

DefiantFrog

I'm after a new Alarm. I've always liked Toads, I've always had Toads, I've always recommended Toads and had nothing but thanks back for the recommendation, but I'm wondering about a change. Clifford seems like the only reasonable alternative for a good Cat1 and seems to offer some nice additional toys to play with. But as I know little about them I thought I would offer it to the floor for people's reviews / opinions on Clifford Vs Toad...

Also if anyone has had a fantastic service from an Alarm fitter in the midlands area, I'd be glad to hear about them so I have some people to check up on to do the install.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

got cliffords on both cars, cant fault them, dont use GAP security though as their fitters are trained at Paignton Zoo

toads are good aswell if your on a slightly tighter budget, tegans got one on her car

got cliffords on both cars, cant fault them, dont use GAP security though as their fitters are trained at Paignton Zoo

toads are good aswell if your on a slightly tighter budget, tegans got one on her car

:rolleyes: GAP did a wonderful job on my car fitting my Clifford, and to date never had a problem with it :thumbsup:

Its a franchise type deal tho.. so its more a case of who you get... the guy who came out to me was courteous, and knowledgable and ran me through everything to make sure I was happy before he left... top job.. cant fault him...

But like all franchises, you do get badduns...

I like my Clifford... gives me a lot of peace of mind... but then again, not really seen anything overly wrong with Toads either.

systems work perfect, cant complain there

its just the excessive use of black type, tie wraps and the 'snap it off if its in the way' methods i dont like :angry:

Ahh well. I havent ripped my car to bits to inspect it all lol... but they didnt break anything I am aware of :P

I got my Clifford from here :thumbsup:

Couldn't find it any cheaper anywhere and was very happy with the fitting :yes:

geeze that is well cheap!!

i use clifford cat1 myself and it is the best around...well in my opinion anyway.

yer iv heard that gap security is quite poor. they take forever according to my bruv. the guy that did mine only took 2hrs which was lightning fast.

I musta got an amazing guy then lol... took 2-3hours max :P I'm lucky... might try n hang on to him LOL!

I got my Clifford from here :thumbsup:

Couldn't find it any cheaper anywhere and was very happy with the fitting :yes:

geeze that is well cheap!!

:D

Had a good look around first and they was the cheapest, other prices was-

Hendon +£50.

Sexton's +£100

Gap +£524 but we are fitting one nearby next week so will give you a discount mate, still up £240 than car alarms uk :eek:

mine was 900quid, plus intellistart, smart windows, boot release and headlight delay/activate thingy

doh :P

mine was 900quid, plus intellistart, smart windows, boot release and headlight delay/activate thingy

doh :P

Mine was £530 :P :P :P

Unsure if i have the headlight thingy though :unsure:

its the one where you press the headlight button on the remote and they come on for so long (to light your drive etc...)

its the one where you press the headlight button on the remote and they come on for so long (to light your drive etc...)

Haven't got it then :(

Must admit these codes are doing me nut in and how the hell does blackjaxx work, get out of the car close door tap break pedal first to activate, it ain't me driving the car :blink:

Just read it's a turbo timer as well :eek:

blackjaxx is a mare! i disabled the main system! just leave the auto lock system on! :!Removed!:

yeah intelli can work as a turbo timer, leaves the engine runing for xxxminutes with the doors locked etc... then cuts out and rearms the alarm and immobilisers :P

you cant control the time though, fixed to 2mins i think?????

but if someone does try to nick it, then the engine cuts out and the siren goes off

note... never let the siren off in an enclosed place, if you notice, its not THAT loud, but the frequancy is literally painful and soon gives yu a headache! (did it in my garage :lol: )

Not had any complaints with the Toad Ai606, does exactly what is says on the tin no point forking out for a clifford on a 23 year old fiesta! :P i had to have central locking installed to even fit the toad so god knows what extras they would need for all the gadgets of the clifford :lol:

im a simple gal anyway - the toad is nice and easy - even a dumb as s like me can use it :D

im a simple gal anyway - the toad is nice and easy - even a dumb as like me can use it :D

I needed the dual proximity sensor as some git tried it on the other week with the old window trick in a busy carpark, then realised because of the ecu i had no immobiliser so if they had got in they would have been off :eek::crybaby: :censor:

All cured now though and even if they did get past that lot then their's alway's someone very high up looking after her ;) :ph34r:

Rob to activate the turbo timer function do i have to press every button in tune to a spice girls song, walk round the car 3 times anticlockwise, say 3 hail mary's then tweek my right nipple? :unsure:

how the hell does blackjaxx work, get out of the car close door tap break pedal first to activate, it ain't me driving the car :blink:

how is your blackjaxx wired up?

mine is linked to the revs and driver side door.

Once the revs rise above idle (the fitter left the car idling to calibrate this), the unit is activated, and you have to enter your code.

if the drivers side door is opened, the unit is activated, and you have to enter your code.

no tapping the brake pedal or such :wacko:

Rob to activate the turbo timer function do i have to press every button in tune to a spice girls song, walk round the car 3 times anticlockwise, say 3 hail mary's then tweek my right nipple? :unsure:

left nipple mate.... anti clockwise... when pluto is aligned with jupiter

im not sure bud, as far as i know its something 'they' setup, or inlcudes and optional part of some sort (just a relay i believe) best bet is to give the installer a shout first and see if you can actually do it

looking at the book for mine, it says you press one button to arm with the 'chirps', another button to arm without the 'chirps' and another button to arm but leave turbo timer running.... with extra 'chirps'

im gonna go look on the control box in the car, i bet is says NASA on it somewhere

how the hell does blackjaxx work, get out of the car close door tap break pedal first to activate, it ain't me driving the car :blink:

how is your blackjaxx wired up?

mine is linked to the revs and driver side door.

Once the revs rise above idle (the fitter left the car idling to calibrate this), the unit is activated, and you have to enter your code.

if the drivers side door is opened, the unit is activated, and you have to enter your code.

no tapping the brake pedal or such :wacko:

From the book-

1-Ignition on.

System sees the ignition on.

2-Door open & close.

System see's the door open & close.

3-Press & release the brake pedal.

System sees the brake pedal pressed.

System begins monitoring the engine speed

System sees the engine speed at 2 times idle.

Blackjaxx begins 20 second countdown.

thats the method of arming the blackjaxx ken...

after that if someone yanks you out the car and trys to pinch it, it will know you have been removed and will cut out 20 seconds later and sound the alarm

or something like that

like i say its that complex i actually keep that bit disarmed as i kept messing myself up with it when trying to work on the car (it doesnt like you getting in and out with the engine running basically)

I wonder if in fact mine DOES need to have the brake activated?

My car is an automatic, so I cant put it in gear without my foot on the brake.