Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toad Vs Clifford

DefiantFrog

thats the method of arming the blackjaxx ken...

after that if someone yanks you out the car and trys to pinch it, it will know you have been removed and will cut out 20 seconds later and sound the alarm

or something like that

like i say its that complex i actually keep that bit disarmed as i kept messing myself up with it when trying to work on the car (it doesnt like you getting in and out with the engine running basically)

I know that but if the door opening and closing is me getting out off the car then how on earth am i going to press the break peddle first before setting off, wibble :wacko:

like i say its that complex i actually keep that bit disarmed as i kept messing myself up with it when trying to work on the car (it doesnt like you getting in and out with the engine running basically)

thats the benefit of the system though isnt it?

if the engine is running, and the door is opened - you have to re-enter the code, to prove its not a hi-jacking.

the only complex part is getting used to having to enter the code. once you get used to it though, its gets to be such a habit, that when you are not driving your own car - you fumble about looking for the code button.

My car was in the garage for 2 days (getting the suspension changed), and I had my fathers LS for those days. i was constantly fumbling around the steering column looking for that fricken button :D

ill give you a demo mate of everyting i know at the next available opportunity, itll be more straight forward

for now im going to circum navigate the globe in a hamster wheel as its a lot easier and less confusing than a clifford system :lol:

I wonder if in fact mine DOES need to have the brake activated?

My car is an automatic, so I cant put it in gear without my foot on the brake.

Hmmm, seems i have to do this everytime i set off as i missed a small paragraph on the previous page. Steps 1,2&3 then enter the code to activate but i still don't get the break peddle when they are nicking it :blink:

the brake pedal is like a signal to the system that YOUR in the car, you have to do it with intellistart, if you dont press it, it doesnt properly disarm it

ill give you a demo mate of everyting i know at the next available opportunity, itll be more straight forward

for now im going to circum navigate the globe in a hamster wheel as its a lot easier and less confusing than a clifford system :lol:

Nice one, only 7 weeks away :P :lol:

Should have seen it yesterday, picked the car up with a flat Battery from the garage as the alarm was going off all the time and nobody could work out how to shut it up :ffs:

Get's in the car and sees the old toyota alarm on red, presses the old button on the key and alarm goes off :eek:

the brake pedal is like a signal to the system that YOUR in the car, you have to do it with intellistart, if you dont press it, it doesnt properly disarm it

I don't need to do it with intellistart, i just put the key to the on posistion :yes:

All soudns very complicated lol..

nah I didnt get intellistart... been told it invalidates cat1... tho I wouldnt mind it lol

Just got the usual... Alarm, Immob and Proximity (and whatever else comes on clifford)... (might have paid too much but hey... it works.. I trust it... peace of mind)

Intelliguard 950, or what ever it is, supplied and fitted for £400. Hmmmm, thats tempting... Thanks for your thoughts guys! Seems complex, and full of toys, but thats kinda what I am after. No one has said they are a steaming pile of dung, and there seems to be a fair few cliffords out there, so looks like I am in for a change! :D

JJ, intellistart does not invalidate your 650, it just doesn't add to your insurance discount as blackjaxx doesn't :huh:

A q class though, mucho discount :D :D :D

DF i was going to go for the 900 whatever but was told their is no point as the 650 does the same except it is 2 sensors down, no problem to me as the others are covered from above :D

I've been told that Intellistart invalidates cat1... (makes it cat2) cause you are leaving car running unattended

I would love intellistart... but reckon my insurance wouldnt be as favourable with a cat2 than cat1.. (tho some places only ask for the make of the alarm I spose :P)

its only invalid when you use it, as its against the law to leave a car running unattended (as you said) as soon as its off you get the cat1 status back

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links