Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Ct26 Turbo On A Starlet Gt..?

starletgt_48

Hi all,

After doing some research and finding that the CT26 turbo (from mr2's), can fit the Starlet GT , i am serioulsy considering this...

What i want advice on is... Has anybody done this? My starlet runs on 0.8 bar boost safely at the moment, but with this CT26 turbo how much will it be able to run at safely? To up the boost with the bigger turbo, i shall need a FCD, uprated Fuel pump, bigger injectors and what else? Will i need a bigger intercooler?

All help is appreciated .....

Thanx guys!

Your on the limits of the standard intercooler already mate. They are only good to 12psi and youre running about 11.6. So a front mount intercooler is a must. You will also need something to control those injectors. A piggyback would probably be best e.g. a greddy emanage.

TBH mate, ive never heard of the CT26 being a direct bolt on. Only one I know of is the CT12 from the twin turbo soarer

Thanx Glanza MK..

Yeh, your right they aren't direct bolt ons. But iv found that they can be made to fit, with not much hassle. Any idea what boost the turbo from the soarer is cabable of running safely? Also if i leave the standard turbo in, what mods could i do to increase 0-60? Im getting a decat pipe on soon....

This is what i have on at the moment:-

HKS air filter

HKS boost controller

Front and Rear strut braces

Suspension, dropped (havent checked what type as it was on there when came from japan)

Gearbox with aftermarket LSD

Thanx

Having a look around myself I seems there are more popular choices for a replacement turbo, vf10, td04s, small t3s work really well on these cars :)

Upping the boost, FULL exhaust, & a FMIC is probably the most you can do prior to changing the turbo.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

FMIC...(Front mount intercooler)? Dya know anywhere where i can get one for a reasonable price, coz the ones iv seen are VERY expensive!

With the FMIC and FULL exhaust, can i actually up the boost? The turbo itself, on a Starlet, how much boost can it run at without blowing itself?

Thanx

i cant say where to buy yoru FMIC

but with exhaust, FMIC, De-cat, ECU or correct fueling mods.

You can run the 4efte at about 1.1 bar (any more is silly IMO)

I've got a FMIC for sale. Its made by Calsonic and its really for a Nissan, but would be pretty easy to mount on a Starlet.

How much do you want for your FMIC?

And thanx, sera_beetle, 1.1 bar is quite gud... Id probably just run it at 1 bar to be safe, coz i use the car on a daily basis aswell.

By the way do you guys think these universal fit FMIC's are good enough for this job? Coz they're only about £130.

Also any idea whether other cars FMIC (i.e. Subaru, MR2 ) can be fitted to a starlet turbo?

for a FMIC visit toyotaownersclub.com and check out the traders section, Autofixed and WEPR both make FMIC's for starlets and they all come highly recommended.

With a full exhaust & FMIC it will up the boost on it's own, you may need to get some form of boost control (EBC would be my choice) to stop it from spiking you to the fuel cut. I have noticed a lot of people seem to use different intercoolers from other cars, seems to be reasonably easy to "upgrade" over the top mount, I have my old MR2 IC sitting here....wonder if that would be an upgrade?? I have noticed the RX7 IC is also a popular choice.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Not sure. I'll take some snaps, measure it and you make an offer?

the ct26 isnt quite suited to the 1.3 litre starlet, even if you go to the bother of making it fit.

i know that a few of the irish lads have fitted tdo4l's and they produce big power.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links