Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Wait For Sat!

lovingit

Picking up my new baby on Saturday! Then driving straight to norwich for a weekend away! I'm going to be loving it!

I've already been carefully studying TDI's website for possible mods!

Hey, that's great. Hope you have a great drive. :thumbsup: Don't forget the driving music......

Are you gonna show us some pics before and then after (if you do any mods)???

What did you go for in the end?? Spec please!!!

Enjoy the drive... and enjoy porsche baiting.... thats my favorite hobby :D

Cheers!

The spec is totally standard RZ import spec. I was going to buy a modded one but thought it might be a safer option to buy a standard car then do what i want. Also it's from a dealer some comes with 1 year warranty to the value of the car which is good. It's the auto version which i'm quite happy with - a big go-cart!! :D

It's absolutely immaculate tho.. looks like a new car.

Mods coming soon!

Supragal -- someone said you could answer my question about changing wheels and the implications in terms of size v width v profile v offset - is there some formula for this?

Supragal -- someone said you could answer my question about changing wheels and the implications in terms of size v width v profile v offset - is there some formula for this?

Who said that? lol

I'm no expert, only know what I know from experiencing it! So if I'm wrong people, feel free to correct me...I'm used to it being blonde n all lol

Without mods to arches you'll easily get 18" running 225x35 on there, I'm going for 22's running at least 295s but thats gonna involve a whole lot of arch chopping etc. I have been told that 19's scrub although it never looked close with my 18's...so I'm not convinced about that.

Make sure you get the Supra offset whatever you do, companies will know what this is when you order... else you'll have to mess about with spacers etc and that's a nightmare and not good with that kinda power.

Some people reckon the bigger the wheels the more speed you lose but then you get more grip. We tested the theory over the 1/4 mile in Total Street Cars supercharged golf- we ran it on standard and then 17's... times were the same so I personally can't say I agree- it's all there in theory, up to you who you believe! :P

At the end of the day, bigger looks better, but cost is also an issue... also, if you're bodykitting then you'll need wider wheels if you're flaring the arches else it'll look funny, but obviously you can't have wheels that come out further than the arches.

Have I waffled on a bit? Hmm, I think so! Not sure I've answered your question... basically, if you wanna play safe go for 18's, else you risk arch mods- might just be rolling which is no hassle really. Also bear in mind if you drop the car you might have problems after so I'd do the lowering first then the wheels... erm, is that all? Probably.

Did that help at all? Happy to clarify anything if it's unclear :wacko:

You going to JAE? :thumbsup:

Blimey Supragal!

That's good info thank you. You're putting 22s on your car?!?!!?!? They're going to be howge!

Does the car actually need lowering from standard? I'm loath to spend £500 messing up the handling of a car that Toyota spent millions of pounds developing!

I am hopefully going to go to JAE - i was going with the Lexus Owners Club but obvioiusly sold my IS200 but I gather they'll be next door anyway.

Thanks for your advice.

I think the first mod with be an Apexi Titanium cat back exhaust.

yeah....apparently it'll be the only Supra in Europe on 22's... which seemed like a good idea until I realised I'd need to put rubber on them and remove a large chunk of my arch :eek:

Lowering... well, see how you get on with the handling- I'm tempted by a serious aftermarket traction control system coz at heart I'm a 4wd fan and this ar5e end drive is...erm....interesting in the wet after years of being able to right foot it anywhere in any condition and survive. Always interesting when you realise you're looing at the kerb yet travelling down the road sideways. All good fun. lol

I've got HKS adjustables on mine, much harsher than the standard cars I drove but I prefer that... also depends on how many extra horses you're planning on running? Make sure you get profile tyres that make the diameter of your new wheels + tyres the same as the old ones else the car will get even higher and start resembling a buggy :D

I'd do induction and exhaust at the same time then it won't need tuning twice...

I've kinda talked my mate into getting an RX-7 so I've promised I'll take him to the show so he can get some ideas...and I need ideas for mine too...IF the bodyshop ever give it back :ffs:

Yep the racelogic traction control system looks a good buy doesn't it. Only £600 for the most basic one.

I'm not convinced about changing the induction system either. I think the aftermarket ones suck in a lot of hot air from the engine as they have no trunking leading to the outside air.

The apexi exhaust looks and sounds wicked tho!

I am slightly concerned that my new car appears to have surface rust on the rear hubs - is this a problem?

Also is there a website with choices of bodykits for the supra please?

no trunking? well fit some then!!! gotta have that sucky sucky noise (oo err)

Has the car been sitting about up for sale for ages?

Your best bet is to do a google search (specify UK only) for supra bodykits. Mine was a case of seeing the AB flug kit and going oooOOOOOoo I NEED that! And then deciding which bits I didn't like and then saying "make me this please" good way to go but not cheap... or go to some shows and when you see something you like, find out what it is and go from there. Veilsides nice, Greddys nice...but there will always be others on the road unless you go custom.

Any help??

Still haven't got it :(

There was a delay getting it registered some one at interpol in belgium went home early on friday apparantly :angry:

should be picking it up tonight. :D

I am slightly concerned about the rust on the hubs. :unsure:

Still haven't got it :(

There was a delay getting it registered some one at interpol in belgium went home early on friday apparantly :angry:

should be picking it up tonight. :D

I am slightly concerned about the rust on the hubs. :unsure:

Nooo! Gutting :(

Well, whats the worst that can happen? - You'll have to change them but it's likely to just be surface rust that will clean off surely? Difficult to say without seeing it... Ask them...just put it to them before you sign the "I am happy with the condition of the car" form. Thats what I would do unless you know anyone you can take with you who knows their stuff...?

Hey you stole my topic! :angry:

it's all about me, me , me, me this thread!! :P :blink:

Anyway, 2 hours until i get the beast!

supragal that bodykit is amazing, seriously.

I'm tempted by the Top Secret wide arch one - anyone seem the yellow supra in Max Power this month? Big single conversion + NOS - it's amazing.

Hey you stole my topic! :angry:

it's all about me, me , me, me this thread!! :P :blink:

Anyway, 2 hours until i get the beast!

supragal that bodykit is amazing, seriously.

I'm tempted by the Top Secret wide arch one - anyone seem the yellow supra in Max Power this month? Big single conversion + NOS - it's amazing.

actually mate... i did think that..kinda got a bit carried away...sorry!

hope it all goes ok- sure it will though, it's a supra, it's a solid as a solid thing in solid land!

yeah, wide arch was very tempting but then i started thinking about wheels etc... wasn't gonna change em at the time but now i have too- my kits gonna be a bit wider than a normal supra...plus I've seen them about...never ever in my life seen the one i'm ripping off :lol:

widebody for the skyline i think... mmmmMMMMMmmm

I am loving it! :D :D :lol:

I spanked it bigtime last night (the car that is!!) - what a gorgeous car!

It's so cool - I now have to work out how to get a picture off my phone onto the internet.

Definitely coming to JAE to meet you all!

very happy :thumbsup:

I am loving it! :D :D :lol:

I spanked it bigtime last night (the car that is!!) - what a gorgeous car!

It's so cool - I now have to work out how to get a picture off my phone onto the internet.

Definitely coming to JAE to meet you all!

very happy :thumbsup:

no problems with the brakes then? lol

So how fast is it?? Get some piccies on here quick quick!!!

And watch that spanking in the wet... ;)

No probs with braking at all!

Re. how fast - it was still pulling hard at 140! <_< :arrgg-matey: :D

I know, i know re. the wet - i've just traded in my BMW M3 for the supra so i'm well used to lairy cars!

Have split this topic and moveed the non loving it part to Supragirls hijacking thread so this one can be about your supra.....

NOw where's there photo's :D :D :D

well I don't have a digital camera! only a phone that doesn't seem to want to let me send mms messages!

You'll all be able to see my baby on saturday anyway!

Ha ha- sounds like an Orange SPV lol.

Yeah...I'll look forward to checking it out... at least the weekend won't be totally Supraless :(