Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For Anyone Who's Doubted The Accuracy...

Jesus

accurate to 15mm .. apparently

why not use the M3 GTR (it's in the game)

the clouds look different :(

the clouds look different :(

:D

There's always one... and it's usually you! ;) :D

Hey that is spot on :thumbsup: After watching that i will have to have a quick go on GT4 now :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Yup its alarmingly accurate!!!! First thing I thought on my first lap.. "its just like the game" I was also very aware of the fact that I could die, get maimed, or blow up my engine....

The track is really accurate, just a shame the driving model doesn't anything like live up to it :(

What do you mean???????

I always found in games the gravity is a bit off .. but the rest of the dynamics are fine ..

Would be a lot better with PGR engine though, where accidents don't just bounce ..

But as a memory aid it's awesome ..

The GT4 dynamics just doesn't stack up to a proper simulation, yet alone real life. There are a few good reasons for this, firstly controlling a real car with a couple of tiny analog sticks would be impossible :) Second is marketing... If they make the game too hard, nobody buys it.

Weight transfer doesn't seem to have enough affect on the handling, I guess this has been done to prevent everyone from ending up in lift off oversteer spins all the time but it also prevents you from balancing the car on the throttle and removes some other handling subtlety.

The tyre model seems strange too, especially when you spin or lock (if you can actually manage it) wheels. The longitudinal and lateral grip don't seem closely enough related, boot a powerful RWD car from the apex of a hairpin and you should end up pointing the wrong way, it just doesn't happen. Speaking of tyres, everything apart from the crappest economy ones have far too much grip in general too, this is the main reason for people being able to do silly laptimes in GT4 as far as I can see.

Basically GT4 is dumbed down to make it easier to drive, but this also removes a lot of the adjustability you get in a real car.

Take someone with no real experience of driving at the limit (ie where cars actually handle rather than just grip) and they can pedal GT4 pretty quickly. Get them to try and drive a good simulation (GT Legends, GT-R or Grand Prix Legends) quickly and I doubt they'll make a corner, let alone a lap.

Turn all the driver aids off... then try it...... ;) Trust me, 700 bhp TT-R supra and a virtually on off throttle is totally undrivable lol :D

I think the handling is better then PGR... the but I'll agree that the crashes are poo!!!!!!

I rememebr driving the mkiii on the game and wondering why the hell it was understeering as mkiiis over steer from my experiance.......

I then took my mkiii on a track... guess what, they have a mild understeer dialled in..... so the game was right and I was wrong, after driving the things for about 4 years.... Other cars I have driven lots that are on the game are also dead spot on, esecially the old shape 500 SL!!! the way you just breathe on the brakes and the nose dive down loads and the car lunges about lol

Whether its accurate or not.....i'll be playing it every night now before we go to the ring in April as its a lot easier to learn the corners in that than looking at my map :thumbsup:

btw has anyone seen the JZS147 (Lexus GS300/Toyota Aristo) in the game? I've bought a mk2 in it as it was all i could find but im hoping they have the mk1 in there somwhere so i can get a more accurate representation of what i need to be doing.

The GT4 dynamics just doesn't stack up to a proper simulation, yet alone real life. There are a few good reasons for this, firstly controlling a real car with a couple of tiny analog sticks would be impossible :) Second is marketing... If they make the game too hard, nobody buys it.

Weight transfer doesn't seem to have enough affect on the handling, I guess this has been done to prevent everyone from ending up in lift off oversteer spins all the time but it also prevents you from balancing the car on the throttle and removes some other handling subtlety.

The tyre model seems strange too, especially when you spin or lock (if you can actually manage it) wheels. The longitudinal and lateral grip don't seem closely enough related, boot a powerful RWD car from the apex of a hairpin and you should end up pointing the wrong way, it just doesn't happen. Speaking of tyres, everything apart from the crappest economy ones have far too much grip in general too, this is the main reason for people being able to do silly laptimes in GT4 as far as I can see.

Basically GT4 is dumbed down to make it easier to drive, but this also removes a lot of the adjustability you get in a real car.

Take someone with no real experience of driving at the limit (ie where cars actually handle rather than just grip) and they can pedal GT4 pretty quickly. Get them to try and drive a good simulation (GT Legends, GT-R or Grand Prix Legends) quickly and I doubt they'll make a corner, let alone a lap.

Spoken like a true Games Programmer :lol:

Peeps can play the game until their thumbs bleed... but if they know jack about how to take a corner properly in the first place in real life, then all they're doing is absorbing the simulated scenery. Also - how many peeps can say they were able to keep to a correct racing line throughout their entire lap on a public track day? Not many - due to the sheer amount of bikes/vipers/porsches overtaking :lol:

so i can get a more accurate representation of what i need to be doing.

so you've got 3 people to sit with you in the lounge .. and then you can pull into the ring car park and then ask for directions to the castle and any other sites in the area? Maybe the aquaduct? Hardly an exciting game there fella.. Maybe buying "Barbies Super Fantastic Shopping Game" would be better for you ?

:lol::yes:

entire lap on a public track day?

:yes: Pull over on the straights, take the racing line at all other times ..

I've got the driving aids off ;) GT4 is just compromised by the need to be mass market, most people don't want to spend the time required to learn how to drive a car fast at the limit and don't want to fork out heaps of cash for a controller that's suitable for a proper simulation. Its the most accurate console game I've played and it'd be great for learning where the road goes, but the cars don't handle properly.

Peeps can play the game until their thumbs bleed... but if they know jack about how to take a corner properly in the first place in real life, then all they're doing is absorbing the simulated scenery.

For some reason I have a feeling that in a few cases (we're talking especially stupid people here) it could actually be worse than that. GT4 is 'The Real Driving Simulator' right? So they drive the (very accurate) Nurburgring with the supposedly accurate driving model and think they can do the same thing in real life. They probably then get to find out that real life scenery hurts.

They probably then get to find out that real life scenery hurts.

Best thing to do is get a made with a branch and a sheet of armco to hit you each time you crash .. you soon learn not to ..

I actually play the game like I would drive (not flat out on the straights, early braking) just to try and get the feel of the track again ..

about a dozen "real" laps, about a thousand "fake" ones ..

so you've got 3 people to sit with you in the lounge .. and then you can pull into the ring car park and then ask for directions to the castle and any other sites in the area? Maybe the aquaduct? Hardly an exciting game there fella.. Maybe buying "Barbies Super Fantastic Shopping Game" would be better for you ?

Just because i have 2 doors more than you doesnt mean i wont be able to hold my own out on the track Mr Revs :lol: :P

Remember that unlike the rest of the southern convoy my gearbox will let me go above 160mph :lol: Not that that matters seeing as your stuck with a 116mph top speed at the moment anyway :lol::lol::thumbsup:

able to keep to a correct racing line throughout their entire lap on a public track day?

:yes: Pull over on the straights, take the racing line at all other times ..

Then you're not able to complete an entire lap following a racing line are you. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links