Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel

tomfraser

:censor: my wife picked me up from work tonight and when we were driving home i heard something knocking so i checked the spare wheel and all 3 nuts were loose and the wheel was about to drop off...good job i looked!

anyway i had it at the garage the other week as the nuts had come loose and when i tightened them up the nuts seemed to keep working loose. the garage said they were fine and that they tightened them up with a torque wrench. now the tyre has scuffed my paintwork so im not happy with the garage at the moment.just wait till i phone them in the morning!

has this happened to anyone else?

please go out and check your spare wheel as i dont want this to happen to anyone else as it could of caused a bad accident :ffs:

Was someone trying to nick it - I have a locking nut on mine and they were all tight last time I looked ...

Hope the paint is not too damaged - unsure how the tyre rubbed unless it was while loose :huh:

Was someone trying to nick it - I have a locking nut on mine and they were all tight last time I looked ...

Hope the paint is not too damaged - unsure how the tyre rubbed unless it was while loose :huh:

mine has got a locking wheel nut on and that had come loose as well,paint has gone in 3 places so that shows how loose it was,the garage said the nuts just needed tightening up when i got it checked :blink:

mine has got a locking wheel nut on and that had come loose as well,paint has gone in 3 places so that shows how loose it was,the garage said the nuts just needed tightening up when i got it checked :blink:

Took car to the garage this morning, they said it looks like someone has been trying to steal the wheel and advised me to buy some new locking wheel nuts as the ones that are fitted are popular and easy to replicate.I was told a new set would cost roughly £35 inc VAT.

That really annoys me - why can't people leave others things alone - worth getting new nuts I would think - maybe even fit old ones and a new one to spare just to hinder the prats even more next time ....

It annoys me that the TOYOTA SUPPLIED nuts are rubbish, THEY don't tighten them up proper, and then they charged you £35 for new ones ..

Blame it on thieves so their own monkeys don't have to pay for the damage to your car.